Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cropping Images sometimes leaves white line around edge??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Sometimes (a lot of times) when I crop an image the result is a very fine white line around the outside edge (not always all edges) of the image. I have used numerous image editors, and they all do it to some degree. Can someone tell me why this is so, and if it can be resolved.

Further, I have noticed that other downloaded images (ones I haven't created) can also have this effect - as though the crop leaves 1/2 a pixel cut mark or something.

I use Photodraw (old...but I know it very well). I've used Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, PaintShop Pro, IRFranView and several others and they all do it to some small degree.

The only way I can fix it is to clone the edge right around the image - a slow and time consuming process.

Thx.

PS...a little off topic, but can someone recommend an image editor that can replace Photodraw (which is both and image and vector editing/creating programme). AND...one that can leave text in a format that can be edited (unlike some which flatten the text once mods have been made and then it can no longer be changed).
I've get this as well, however i've managed to workaround it by using a diffuse on the edge when it's affected what i'm working on.

I wondered if it was the image type (CMYK) i use, however now not sure. XBMC bug?

Cheers
That is the resize algorithm which does that. If you resize with photoshop, resize a little bit larger, e.g. if you want to resize to 500x500px, resize to 501x501 or 502x502 and then resize the canvas to 500x500. In XBMC you can use a diffuse image.
liquidskin76 - I don't know what a lot of technical terms mean. I don't know what a diffuse really is - even though I looked it up. The weird thing is that this doesn't happen with all images. I'm not even sure Photodraw can do a diffuse. One day I'll learn Photoshop Huh

Black - I tried your suggestion using Paint Shop Pro (which has a canvas size, while Photodraw doesn't). This seemed to deal to the issue, but I had to make it more than 2 px oversize. I'll keep using this method to verify this solves the problem.

Thx very much. This problem has been bugging me for a long time.