Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Retaining saved Movie spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

First of all I love XBMC!

Secondly, I am wondering if it is possible to retain a location of played movies after the XBMC exits? For as long as I am in XBMC I can go out of a movie and come back to where I was. However if I exit the movie starts from beginning.

Thank you kindly
Don't exit xbmc when a movie is running. Stop the movie first.
(2013-02-17, 08:26)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Don't exit xbmc when a movie is running. Stop the movie first.

Thank you.

I was pausing prior to exiting. Was that my error?
Yes it is
When you stop a movie it saves where you are up to. When you pause, it assumes you are gong to resume again, rather than switching the player off, so the present position is not saved.
(2013-02-17, 08:58)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]When you stop a movie it saves where you are up to. When you pause, it assumes you are gong to resume again, rather than switching the player off, so the present position is not saved.

Well.. D'OH!

thank you everybody!
(2013-02-17, 09:58)chrobry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-17, 08:58)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]When you stop a movie it saves where you are up to. When you pause, it assumes you are gong to resume again, rather than switching the player off, so the present position is not saved.

Well.. D'OH!

thank you everybody!

Well I am afraid that didn't do the trick. Stopping the movie simply stopped it, it didn't save the spot. Pausing does work, except when XBMC exits.

I should mention I am using Frodo on Windows.
Keep in mind that a certain amount of the video must be viewed before a resume point is set. This default value can be changed via <ignoresecondsatstart> in the <video> section of your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file. If you don't already have this file, create it in your userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <ignoresecondsatstart>15</ignoresecondsatstart>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
The example above will allow creation of a resume point once you've watched at least the first 15 seconds of the video.
<ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend> too
XBMC v11 requires that you press stop first

XBMC v12 does not require this

v12 watching a video, press stop, quit: position saved
v12 watching a video, quit: position saved
v12 watching a video, press pause, quit: position saved

Conclusion, you are using XBMC v11 and need to use v12.
(2013-02-17, 13:20)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that a certain amount of the video must be viewed before a resume point is set. This default value can be changed via <ignoresecondsatstart> in the <video> section of your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file. If you don't already have this file, create it in your userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <ignoresecondsatstart>15</ignoresecondsatstart>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
The example above will allow creation of a resume point once you've watched at least the first 15 seconds of the video.

That seemed to have done the trick. The pause doesn't work with shutdown, but stop does which is good enough for me. I don't care which control I use.

Thank you kindly!