Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

have tried to find answers to my question to no awail, so will try my luck here! Smile

have considered buying one of those android sticks, and run XBMC of it - just like the Openelec HTPC i have right now - except that i can't get Netflix, HBO or any other streaming service on the Openelec box.
The question i have is: Addons, such as the Sabnzbd-suite (Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Sabnzbd), will this work just the same? and will it read the 2TB ntfs HD i have (is it even possible to connect an external drive to these android sticks?)
What i'm after here is to get the same (better) appliance feel that i have with the Openelec solution - and get the possibility to get Netflix, Hbo etc.

Thx in advance - and apologies, if this have already been covered elsewhere...Wink

/Christian
Sabnzbd stuff should all work the same. I'm fairly certain it shouldn't have an issue reading a 2TB NTFS HDD, but I think you might need to install an NTFS driver from the google play store (shouldn't really be an issue, though).

The big thing with Netflix is that the Android Netflix app is not remote control friendly. For some reason they're one of the only ones that don't offer at least basic directional selection control. There are several Android apps that work with a remote even if their developer never imagined they would be used on a TV. So to use Netflix on Android you will need a wireless mouse or trackpad, or one of those wave-in-the-air remotes that act like a mouse. It really makes me want to smack someone at Netflix.
Thx for the reply!

Sounds good regarding SAB, CP & SB - the main reason i was wondering if the addon would work, is that it's Python, and I don't know if this would be an issue with Android.

Regarding Netflix, its no big deal about control, as I plan on buying a wireless mini-keyboard.
But the conclusion must be that it indeed should be possible to have an android stick (running android) with XBMC as mediaplayer/Usenet server?

/Christian