Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Background fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I've had a look around for how to solve this problem, but it's a but hard with the volumes of info available, hopefully it is just one of those things with a really simple explanation and fix. I'm quite OK with editing XML files, if that's what's needed.

I've just set up XBMC Frodo as a new install. I'd used Ember Media Manager to download some metadata, and then used XBMC to update its own libraries.

I'm using the default Confluence skin, and the Media Info 3 layout to view movies, and would like to have a plain wallpaper behind the list and metadata, instead of repeating the fanart as it does now. I posted a capture of this at http://www.flickr.com/photos/emueyes/848...hotostream The same sort of thing happens in other views, too.

To my mind it makes the screen look cluttered, just the one image above the details would be great. I don't want to get rid of all the fanart, just the display as wallpaper.

TIA
I've figured it out, sorry to have wasted peoples' time.
What did you do?
I would also like to know what and how you did this.
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings

Under Background Options check the option that says Hide Background Fanart. This is a universal setting, so it will hide the background fan art for movies, TV shows, music, etc.
Yeah, this isn't quite as fixed as I'd thought, it is a universal setting (System -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings). For example, using the Poster Wrap or List views for Movies, I would like to have background fanart shown, whereas the Fanart views already have the fanart displayed, and it looks terrible to have it on the background as well. The Poster Wrap view is so visually attractive, I find it nice to show off to guests, but it's a bit fiddly to change the system wide settings. And no, I don't think the show off for guests idea is shallow...

I've only started using XBMC recently, and I find, ironically, that its maturity is a hindrance sometimes; there is a wealth of information available, but finding stuff relevant to Frodo (in my case) requires a bit of sifting. Perhaps, if custom backdrops can be defined, that could be done on a title-by-title basis for those views (Poster Wrap, say) that need it? Or to disable background artwork when Fanart views are used?