Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Queue all songs from music library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I ask your help, it is necessary for me using json-rpc, to add in turn all songs from library. How to make it?

xbmc version is Frodo.
Thanks!
Hello!
I need your help! I Can't find on this forum how i can save current playlist using json?

Thanks!
That's because you can't.
Do you have sample of json request? If no
please don't garbage on this thread. Thanks!
You're funny. I'm developping the JSON-RPC API in XBMC so I know every method there is and if I tell you that there is no way to save the current playlist in XBMC through JSON-RPC then that means that there is no way to save the current playlist in XBMC whether you like it or not. There is no sample JSON-RPC request because there's no way to do it.

So next time someone takes the time to answer your question you might wanna try to read it properly and be more polite.
(2013-02-18, 14:15)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]You're funny. I'm developping the JSON-RPC API in XBMC so I know every method there is and if I tell you that there is no way to save the current playlist in XBMC through JSON-RPC then that means that there is no way to save the current playlist in XBMC whether you like it or not. There is no sample JSON-RPC request because there's no way to do it.

So next time someone takes the time to answer your question you might wanna try to read it properly and be more polite.

Excuse me, I thought that you mean that I can't save playlist because I can't find it at a forum...
Help please with the answer still how to add all tracks from library in queue?
Not sure what you're trying to do exactly, but can't you simply create a Smart_playlist (wiki) that plays all the songs from your library?
@Montellese: There is actually a way to queue all songs using json-rpc :-)

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Playlist.Add", "params": { "playlistid": 0, "item": { "directory": "musicdb://4/" } }, "id": 2}

but as suggested by artrafael it is much better to use a smart playlist

EDIT: Didn't see that it was about saving that playlist in the second post...