Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Repository question about quota or how to delete old revisions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

So, after 1 yr of maintaining existing skin for Eden and now Frodo, my quota on google code is now fully used (4GB). I use subversion and hence, every version of the skins are stored inside the repository.

After some thoughts (and a conversation with a google tech), maybe a version control approach (i.e. git, svn, etc..) might not be the best way to do this. I mean, we only need maybe the last 2 or 3 versions of a given skin and not every version since the beginning.

Is there a way to create a repository with auto-updates feature without going the svn or git route?

Alternatively, is there a quick way to delete the old revisions? Or maybe I just need to reset the repository and do a new "svn import"?

Thanks for any help!
Not the answer to your question but Google will happily increase quota to 8 gigs if you want Smile
(2013-02-18, 22:20)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]Not the answer to your question but Google will happily increase quota to 8 gigs if you want Smile

Well, I asked them and they answered negatively (i.e. : svn is not the way to do your project) Smile
Well looks to me like your using it as a repo anyway and don't actually have any souce code in it so I'm sure google would say that because your basically using them as download site more than a "code repository" like they probably think your supposed to
But is there a way to do otherwise? I think the only way to auto-update a skin from XBMC is to use that kind of repo with a zip file inside?

Or could I just put the source code like this repo? http://code.google.com/p/simplicity-xbmc...ce/browse/ With the source code inside trunk/skin.XY/source code and addons.xml,etc under /trunk/ ? This would be a long way to reduce the size of the committed revisions.
No not really but I guess this stems back to the topic pinned of why not add them to the main repository if all you want is auto updates? also other repos like "passion xbmc" tend to do a lot of auto scraping of devs code repos and post compiled versions.

But as you know by using svn for it every time you change one of the zip files a full size version of the old file is stored on the repo.

I guess your solution is to delete the repo and start it again with just the current version which will work until you run out again
Thanks!. That what I was going to do I guess....! :/

For the main repo, I'm working on it. Most of the labels are not localised (among other things...) so I have some work to do before I submit it to the main repo. But my aim is to do it!
I switched to using DropBox for my repo -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1059109
(2013-02-19, 00:50)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I switched to using DropBox for my repo -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1059109

Looks promising, thanks! I'll look into it soon enough.

edit - Just realised that you posted that in a thread I started. oups! Smile