Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mysql - Restrictions of some content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a mysql running fine on a Synology NAS. I have several pc's/laptops in the house running of the mysql. My question is, on my son's PC i would like to restrict my database/movies to only 1 specific share containing Cartoons, and not all the other movies. He is 5 years and should not watch horrors etc. Smile

These movies are already "physically" located in a separate folder on the NAS and have its own entry in the Source.xml. like this (<path pathversion="1">smb://DIZNAS/video/HD Movies/</path>) Problem is that the other shares also is showing in "videos/files" and i actually think that it does not matter since it get the info from the mysql anyways.

Is there a way to restrict content on the client when using mysql. or is it possible to run 2 databases and only access the 1 db from my sons pc and both db from the rest of the clients? the ladder still gives me the option to still only change fan-art etc on one db when new content is added.

Rgds
Diz
I see two options but there are probably more using nodes or smartplaylists

1. Set up a profile (wiki) for your son to use. you can then limit the sources that he sees to only include the cartoons
2. Use the <name> tag in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) so that you create a new database which is the only database that can be accessed from your sons PC. Kind of like
Code:
<name>kids_shows</name>
Of course, unless you have access to this database from another PC you will have to update it using your sons PC, so maybe the profile option is easier to manage.