Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL Seems to be working, but can't access files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well so I followed the MySql Guide, and XBMC is writing Movies and Tv shows to the database.
But when accessing the database from another computer than the one that scanned the library, it cannot access files or see tv show banners.

I've looked in the database, and the file paths seem to be ok ie.
smb://192.168.2.35/video/Film/[Moviename]/[Movie].mkv <-- This folder is password protected,
If I scan from the other machine the path is the same

What i can see that may be the problem (but don't know how to solve):
  • Two different OS: OSX and Windows 7
  • The folder is password protected

As for the TV Show banners, they are not being written to the database except form two shows...
Is there a settting that can force XBMC to write the banners and fan art to the database and not the local file system?

Regards

Kenneth
Where are the files located? on OSX or Windows? The banner problem is probably related to your password issue. Banners are downloaded to your show's Folder if it can write to it, they wont appear.
(2013-02-19, 17:07)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]Where are the files located? on OSX or Windows? The banner problem is probably related to your password issue. Banners are downloaded to your show's Folder if it can write to it, they wont appear.

My files are located on a Synology NAS-box, I'll try removing the password later
I removed the password, it did not work, but i also noticed that only the computer that actually created the library scans it, the other just does nothing.

It is like it doesn't know where to look look for the files
(2013-02-20, 16:36)kennethxyz Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the password, it did not work, but i also noticed that only the computer that actually created the library scans it, the other just does nothing.

Post a debug log from the machine that is having the issue.
(2013-02-20, 20:10)winestock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-20, 16:36)kennethxyz Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the password, it did not work, but i also noticed that only the computer that actually created the library scans it, the other just does nothing.

Post a debug log from the machine that is having the issue.

Well this is somewhat embarrassing, but i found out that even though I had granted the Guest user Read/Write rights, I had not enabled the user which was the entire problem so everything is working perfect now, thanks for the help