Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved]Random display freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there !

First, i'm french and i hope my english is quite good to make me understand. I start building a htpc and i'm facing a problem that i'm not able to solve alone, that's why i came here Big Grin

I installed Openelec 2.99.2 from an usb stick with no problems during installation. For configuration, i use a classic keyboard but Yatse is already installed on my phone. My htpc is connected to my tv by hdmi and i use the default skin. Once started, when i navigate in the menu, the display freeze. It's not totaly a freeze because when i use the keyboard, the action arrive some seconds later, but very very smoothly, and samba and ssh works.

Impossible to generate this problem, because it came totaly randomly. Generally, this happens between 10 and 20 secondes after xbmc is launched.

My config :
Quote:Processeur : INTEL Pentium Dual Core G645
CG : Asus GeForce GT 610 - 1024 Mo
CM : ASUS P8H61-I LX R2.0
Alim : Corsair CX Bronze - 430W
Boitier : Fractal Design Node 605
DD : Western Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB 3.5IN SATA 6 GB/S 7200RPM

My logs : Link on dropbox to my logs

When i use the IGP of my motherboard, connected by VGA to the TV, all works good. The bios of the motherboard is up to date. This problem is also present with XBMCbuntu.

If you need more information, feel free to ask me ! Blush
Nobody can help me? Angel
How memory (RAM) is available while it's stuttering?
I upgrade my htpc with the new Openelec 2.99.3, because i thought it would fix the problem.

Now it's worse, i get this message before openelec launching :
Quote:xz-compressed data is corrupt
-----system halted

So i can't check how memory is available...
I checked the disk and the usb stick, no problems.

I completely renew the install operation : check the bios config, format the disk, install openelec 2.99.3 and i get this just after the openelec logo : http://db.tt/PBQrMwez
I tried many many things to find a solution, but nothing works.

I get a new error message :
Quote:Abnormal Exit. Exited with code 135
/etc/init.d/93_xbmc: line 112: XXXX Bus error DISPLAY=:0.0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin $XBMC_ARGS > /dev/null 2>&1
Problem solved !

My ram was defective (lots of memtest errors).

With new ones, no problem !