Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episode won't re-add to library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a problem where a TV episode won't re-add to my library (XBMC 11 - Eden).

I use SickBeard and SABnzbd to download my episodes and automatically add them to my XBMC library. I noticed that an episode had been added to the library twice for some reason (I checked and the file only existed once - not sure what happened). I removed both instances of the episode from the library, did an update on the library to re-add the episode, but it won't re-add. I've tried cleaning the library and re-updating, but still no luck.

This has happened before where I was half way through watching an episode, and when I went to watch the second half, it wouldn't play. I removed it from the library to re-add it again to see if that would fix it, but nothing. No matter how many times I update the episode won't re-appear.

The files in question are named correctly, as I have seen them appear in the library previously. It's only after I have removed them from the library and tried to re-add them that things go wrong. Any idea what's happening?
I've had that happen too. The only solution I found was to rename the file slightly. So a file I had that was named series.S01E01.title.mpeg I would rename to series.S01E01.mpeg. Then it would get back in the library just fine.
While pkscuot is correct, however I'm afraid this is a temporary "fix". Once he watches that episode it will be removed from the library again. When you slightly alter the name it will create a duplicate. click the wrong one and it will tell you it's no longer valid and if you want to remove. Or you simply run the default Clean Library option.

I have confirmed this issue and can be easily repeated by simply watching a video (as in let the file run in it's entirety and return to the library on it's own)

I currently have 250 movies. When I watch a movie in it's entirety the movie will once again be removed thus dropping total movie #'s down one.
I had stumbled onto http://filebot.sourceforge.net/ and let IMDB rename all my movies to it's "proper" format. Ran clean library and all looked perfect. Watched a movie and BAM gone. Ran the movie scanner plugin. Nothing.
After reading through the Wiki, I saw a section that mentioned .NFO is desired for each file. So I created those and it made no difference.

I certainly appreciate all the work the devs are doing so with all due respect, to me this is a huge show stopper. When a person has that many videos, it's almost impossible to find what movies are now missing (if you catch this problem too late).
I am going to see if it's caused by letting the movie end going back to the library or a certain amount of run time or etc.... Got fix this issue - it's really bad news.
FWIW I'm on Windows 8 running Frodo V12.
Thanks for your reply cellison, but I don't think your problem is related to the issue I'm having.. It is simply that you have got your movie library set to only show "unwatched" movies, hence the reason a movie disappears after you have watched it and an update library picks up nothing new?

The problem I am having was on an episode that had only just been added to the library and never watched. pkscuot's answer will fix the problem, but this is only a hack. There must be something corrupted that won't allow the original episodes to be re-added. This is what I'm trying to track down.
(2013-02-20, 05:21)sfinks_29 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply cellison, but I don't think your problem is related to the issue I'm having.. It is simply that you have got your movie library set to only show "unwatched" movies, hence the reason a movie disappears after you have watched it and an update library picks up nothing new?

The problem I am having was on an episode that had only just been added to the library and never watched. pkscuot's answer will fix the problem, but this is only a hack. There must be something corrupted that won't allow the original episodes to be re-added. This is what I'm trying to track down.

Well I'll be damned. I owe you (insert two beers toasting gif) much thanks. I have been banging my head against the wall for 3 days now trying to figure this damn thing out.
You nailed it. I never noticed the "unwatched" feature.

Once again I sincerely appreciate the advice.
sfinks,

Do you have other episodes of the same show on other drives/shares? This is know to cause very strange behaviour and is very hard to fix - I plan to delete my DB and start again.
Anastrophe, I have all of my episodes split across 2 drives, but I make sure that all episodes for a show are on the same drive. So no, none of the other episodes of the shows in question are on different drives.