Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2013-05-11, 00:24)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]I did just that but there's no option in CE to select a folder that points to where the folders are located. I can select folders for everything else except this. What am i missing here. I been at this for hours now and can't figure out how to get CE to find my slides. Thanks you

Sorry for the absence all, been working on a state to state move and a bunch of other real life stuff. Will be back to normal soon. So to configure the slideshow, you'll want to go into the add-on configuration for CE. Select Trivia Slideshow on the left. Set Trivia Mode to Slide Show there on the right. There on the right you will now see an option for Slides Folder. This is where you set the root folder containing the Stills and Q&A folders respectively. Set whatever other options you want (i.e. duration for each slide). I've begun work on the Movie Trivia slides again. No idea when, but it's coming.
Does anybody know how to integrated Philips hue for shutting down the lights ?
(2013-05-17, 11:27)fuuss Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know how to integrated Philips hue for shutting down the lights ?

Check out. Meethue.wordpress.com. I believe there is an xbmc add-on there
Thank you I tried it and i get a script Error , but still I would prefer a integration in the Cinema Experience , Dim the light Bteween the trailer off when the Movie starts
HI RagnaroktA,

Nice work, I am not sure if someone has mentioned this but the link for coming soon to a cinema, is the same as the pre show entertainment.

Regards

Mark
(2013-05-16, 22:14)RagnaroktA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-11, 00:24)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]I did just that but there's no option in CE to select a folder that points to where the folders are located. I can select folders for everything else except this. What am i missing here. I been at this for hours now and can't figure out how to get CE to find my slides. Thanks you

Sorry for the absence all, been working on a state to state move and a bunch of other real life stuff. Will be back to normal soon. So to configure the slideshow, you'll want to go into the add-on configuration for CE. Select Trivia Slideshow on the left. Set Trivia Mode to Slide Show there on the right. There on the right you will now see an option for Slides Folder. This is where you set the root folder containing the Stills and Q&A folders respectively. Set whatever other options you want (i.e. duration for each slide). I've begun work on the Movie Trivia slides again. No idea when, but it's coming.

thank you very much sir!

(2013-03-18, 06:15)peebs Wrote: [ -> ]I just stumbled across this, and I think it's great that you've gotten the ball rolling again.

As far as any errors in my slides, I blame AMC. Smile
While I created the templates, I didn't create the questions or answers--they were cut/pasted directly from AMC's website.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know, but it looks like you have a pretty solid handle on it.

Here are my slides:

PBTrivia Slides 1-100
PBTrivia Slides 101-200
PBTrivia Slides 201-300
PBTrivia Slides 301-355

My template and the 28 Days Later font are part of the 301-355 slide pack.

are these any good? I got them to work but there doesn't seem to be a script that will play them in an A & B format. just sort of plays random slides.
(2013-05-24, 22:53)Desisuperman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-16, 22:14)RagnaroktA Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you very much sir!

(2013-03-18, 06:15)peebs Wrote: [ -> ]I just stumbled across this, and I think it's great that you've gotten the ball rolling again.

As far as any errors in my slides, I blame AMC. Smile
While I created the templates, I didn't create the questions or answers--they were cut/pasted directly from AMC's website.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know, but it looks like you have a pretty solid handle on it.

Here are my slides:

PBTrivia Slides 1-100
PBTrivia Slides 101-200
PBTrivia Slides 201-300
PBTrivia Slides 301-355

My template and the 28 Days Later font are part of the 301-355 slide pack.

are these any good? I got them to work but there doesn't seem to be a script that will play them in an A & B format. just sort of plays random slides.

These are designed to work with the Cinema Experience script. Although theses don't seem to have the necessary slides.xml file in the folder. If you copy the following as text and save it in the extracted folder as slides.xml(all lower case) Cinema Experience will sort them out.

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <slide rating="G">
        <question format=".+_a.jpg" />
        <clue format="N/A" />
        <answer format=".+_b.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>
thank you! that script worked.. just had to change the ".jpg" to ".png" as they were .png slides. now i got it all up and running just a matter of collecting some solid intro videos!
I'm having some sort of issue that I can't seem to figure out. I'm trying to use the Guess Who pack.

I have them in a file structure as such ./Cinema/Trivia/Q&A. I also have a Still folder in ./Cinema/Trivia/Stills that is empty.
I have pointed CE to ./Cinema/Trivia

Now anytime I queue a movie, nothing happens. It doesn't start playing. When I disable the Trivia Slideshow, everything works and the trailers play.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/j08P9CEb
Well, real life got in the way yet again. Sorry I've been absent and not paying attention.

(2013-05-28, 05:41)lifeiskiling Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having some sort of issue that I can't seem to figure out. I'm trying to use the Guess Who pack.

I have them in a file structure as such ./Cinema/Trivia/Q&A. I also have a Still folder in ./Cinema/Trivia/Stills that is empty.

Now anytime I queue a movie, nothing happens. It doesn't start playing. When I disable the Trivia Slideshow, everything works and the trailers play.

Are you still having this issue? I'll be putting together instructions and maybe even a video outlining how to configure Cinema Experience and my slide packs soon. I have seen that exact issue you describe before. Make sure you use the following settings to take advantage of both Q&A and Stills:

Trivia Slideshow
Trivia Mode: Slide Show
Trivia Mode: <whatever duration you want>
Slides Folder: .<CE Path>\Trivia\
*Keep in mind that under your .<CE Path>\Trivia\ folder, you need two folders. Q&A, and Stills. Be sure that my packs with a type of Q&A or Stills are unzipped into individual folders under the folder of their type. You must also make sure that there is a slides.xml for each Q&A set.
Show Each Slide For (in seconds): 10
* I've found that 10 seconds is the average time it takes people to read the information on some of these slides. I have mine set at 8 seconds currently.

Quite a lot has been going on as far as slide development is concerned. I've been working on several new sets (sorry, no trivia yet - still haven't found a good way to script resizing the text) including Blunders, Copycats, Mockbusters and the trivia sets (franchise and general). I've also been getting quite a few requests for slides that are not themed to look like Aeon Nox 4 for people who use other skins, or just want something more colorful. To that end, I've been working on a refreshed look for all of my slide packs that is quite a bit more colorful, and flows very well. There are also several options for those people who want to recompile the slides themselves. Options like several different borders, extra graphics, a ton of backgrounds to choose from, etc. I'll put up a teaser here in a bit and see just how much interest it gets.

Here it is, the preview of the new template:

The final product will be more vibrant, and I'm still playing with the design and option elements. Let me know if there's any interest in this new colorful version of my slides.
The content for this post has been moved here.
You know I'm always interested in new slides Smile.
(2013-05-28, 05:41)lifeiskiling Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having some sort of issue that I can't seem to figure out. I'm trying to use the Guess Who pack.

The problem is caused by the scripts skin folder named in lower case instead of title case. This is fixed in the next release. You can renamed the folder from "default" to "Default"
(2013-07-27, 20:26)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is caused by the scripts skin folder named in lower case instead of title case. This is fixed in the next release. You can renamed the folder from "default" to "Default"

Hey, I'm having the same issue here. Could you tell me where exactly this folder is located and is it actually named "default" or will it be specific my set-up? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
(2013-07-28, 17:38)Havoc443 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-27, 20:26)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey, I'm having the same issue here. Could you tell me where exactly this folder is located and is it actually named "default" or will it be specific my set-up? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
The folder path is...
Code:
~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15