Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2013-07-28, 18:39)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-28, 17:38)Havoc443 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-27, 20:26)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is caused by the scripts skin folder named in lower case instead of title case. This is fixed in the next release. You can renamed the folder from "default" to "Default"

Hey, I'm having the same issue here. Could you tell me where exactly this folder is located and is it actually named "default" or will it be specific my set-up? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
The folder path is...
Code:
~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins

Yeah I got my head out of my ass and figured out the answer to my stupid question, lol. Thanks for the help though!

Cheers!
The new and improved Aeon Nox Pack, and the Vibrant Pack have been uploaded, and links are in the first post.
Both the Actor Scramble packs are empty Google Drive pages.
Looks like it's still uploading. Shouldn't be too long.
Ok, thank you.
Confirmed, all parts are uploaded now. Let me know if you have any trouble - I'm going to get working on some new material.
Downloaded slide packs and put them in following location
./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A
./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides

but cant get the slides to work I kept them in the folder I downloaded so in Slides folder theres Blockbusters folder and in Q&A I have Actor Scramble, Frame by Frame and Guess Who

in the Triva setup I pointed CE to ./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A and ./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides nothing loaded just skipped it altogether so then tried ./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A/Frame by Frame, which didn't work the slides.xml is there then tried ./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides/Blockbusters but nothing.

are all the files just meant to be in Q&A or Slides without the subfolders?
Your directory tree should look like this:

Point the CE trivia folder to .Trivia/. Make sure you put the slide packs of type in their respective folder under the .Trivia/ folder. As far as I know, your directories must be named like they are above. If none of that works, take a look at the add-on configuration settings. I mentioned what they should be in this post.
(2013-08-02, 11:43)DaSingh Wrote: [ -> ]Downloaded slide packs and put them in following location
./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A
./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides

but cant get the slides to work I kept them in the folder I downloaded so in Slides folder theres Blockbusters folder and in Q&A I have Actor Scramble, Frame by Frame and Guess Who

in the Triva setup I pointed CE to ./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A and ./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides nothing loaded just skipped it altogether so then tried ./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A/Frame by Frame, which didn't work the slides.xml is there then tried ./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides/Blockbusters but nothing.

are all the files just meant to be in Q&A or Slides without the subfolders?

Not sure what you've tried so far but here are the steps I took that worked for me when I was having the same issue...
As RagnaroktA already said, make sure CE points to the Trivia folder. It will scan your Q&A and Stills folders recursively so it's fine to have the slide folders within the Q&A folder. For example if you were using the actor scramble pack you would have:

Trivia ---> Q&A --> Actor Scramble --> individual slides w/ slides.xml file

The slides.xml file goes in each folder that contains your slides (one for Actor Scramble, one for Guess Who, etc.) and you have to make sure that your xml file is accurate to the slides you are using. Just to make sure its not an MPAA restriction issue, set the rating in the xml file to "G" to ensure it is used regardless. Then check the naming structure listed in the file and compare it to the slides you're using. Make sure the extension is correct ( .jpg .png .etc) and assuming you're using standard a/b slides you need to adjust the naming structure in slides.xml to match the files so if the files read something like slide01_a / slide01_b, the xml file should read question format=".+_a.jpg" / answer format=".+_b.jpg" ...if your xml file looks like this but your slides don't have the underscore, CE won't read them properly. Here is the correct slides.xml file for the actor scramble pack:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <slide rating="G">
        <question format=".+_a.jpg" />
        <clue format="N/A" />
        <answer format=".+_b.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

Assuming that's correct, CE was crashing for me still but giftie steered me in the right direction:

(2013-07-31, 06:44)Havoc443 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-28, 18:39)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-28, 17:38)Havoc443 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm having the same issue here. Could you tell me where exactly this folder is located and is it actually named "default" or will it be specific my set-up? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
The folder path is...
Code:
~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins

Yeah I got my head out of my ass and figured out the answer to my stupid question, lol. Thanks for the help though!

Cheers!

So navigate to ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins and change the folder default to Default:

cd ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins
ls
make sure the the folder 'default' is there
mv default Default
ls
ensure folder is now name Default

Then do a proper reboot and see if that works (as it did for me).
Hope this helps!
Thanks guys I was pointing the directory to the either Q&A or Stills just going to set it to Trivia folder and hopefully it will work the only reason I want trivia is so in that 5mins it has already downloaded 1080p trailers. I can stream but occasionally it buffers.

What background music is popular I know its probably down to personal choice but what something that recreates that real cinema experience.
I use tracks from various movie soundtracks that people are likely to recognize. Works very well, and sets the tone nicely.

I also created a bit of a tutorial you can follow if you're having trouble. Its linked in the first post.
Slight issue I have set to point to Trivia folder but when I know click Cinema nothing happens, could it still be scanning or is something wrong?

It is also set to slides instead of movie quiz does that make any difference?
I got this idea from someone on one of the forums but I'm using Forbidden Friendship from the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack...I'll probably look around for something else at some point but it's instrumental and serves well as background music.
I use a Nujabes album. Reminds me of the muzak they used to play in my theater, but a bit more modern.
(2013-08-03, 01:21)mcorcoran Wrote: [ -> ]I use a Nujabes album. Reminds me of the muzak they used to play in my theater, but a bit more modern.

Rip :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15