Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no hardware acceleration on AMD with XBMCbuntu 12 install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

after installing XBMCbuntu SD content plays fine, but HD content is unwatchable.
When I press "o", I can see CPU goes up to 100% and Frames drop to sometimes 8 oder 9. Some Files play better, some worse. I had no playback issues with Eden running Windows-based. So my guess is that somehow there's no hardware acceleration (Vaapi in option menu enabled).

I searched around the forum and found some threads on xvba and proprietary driver and so on... Does this have anything to do with my problem?

I also tried to provide a debug log, but am some kind of stuck here. When I follow the Read This 1sr Thread, I directly post it to pastebin?! From the XBMC Filemanager itself I can't copy it to a flash drive as I can't access the directory, where it should be located?

There's a second prob as DVDs are not playing, but first things first^^

Info on the system:
Athlon64 3500+, 1.5GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD6450
XBMCbuntu Frodo Git: fb595f2 (Linux 3.5.0-23-generic)
Welcome

see Frodo_FAQ#XVBA (wiki)

you need to use xvba ppa so

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r  ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-frodo
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

For second problem its a bug which is not yet fixed see http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14115 if not try to issue
Code:
udisks --mount /dev/sr[0-9]
and see if it makes a difference xbmc and optical media long standing issue.

uNi
Ah ok now it's working Big Grin

Thank You! Thought by using the AMD iso it was working out-of-the-box...

It's not that important, if DVDs don't start (still have a standalone-player around). It may be fixed in a future release. Just wondered if I was doing something wrong...
Feel free to mark this thread as solved.

uNi