Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: what linux distro are you using xbmc on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i wanted to make a poll but guess i dont have that option Sad

wanted to see what people are running it on. i tried the new xbmcbuntu and couldnt even boot it. ive tried earlier versions and never worked correctly on my hardware. im currently using lubuntu 12.10 which seems fine. just wanted to see if what other distros people are using and how they are working for them. Nod
I recently installed from the standard repo on Cinnarch on my work laptop - just "pacman -S xbmc", and that worked wonderfully at least Smile

Cinnarch homepage - http://www.cinnarch.com/ (basically Arch Linux with Cinnamon on top).
Openelec.
Openelec, just compiling my own builds from git.
Ubuntu minimal 12.04LTS + xbmc compiled from master git with mini auto-start script

uNI
1 x Openelec 2.99.2 (3.0 RC 2) as my main HTPC. Works pretty much perfectly bar the odd audio glitch.

1 x Ubuntu 11.10 as my tvheadend server and secondary HTPC (what's left of an old XBMClive installation, much modified and in need of a rebuild when I get a new server box, then this box will move to Openelec). More odd problems than I care to list, although it basically works - but I've just got too much self-build code (including TBS and NVidia drivers) on it to be perfectly stable. Runs 24x7x6.5, I guess - the .5 is for the inevitable "sigh, it needs rebooting" moment.

and 2 x Android 4.1.2, 1 x WinXP and 1 x Win7 as a sideline, but you didn't ask about those so I don't really know why I'm mentioning them.

EDIT

Moved to Openelec RC3 this evening. Still had audio dropouts, so I played with the sync settings - sync to audio instead of sync to video, and my audio problems seem to be resolved. Happy now :-)
Compiled from Git on Fedora 16 for a couple of years. Now running Xubuntu 12.10 with the official XBMC PPA. No issues with either, but happy with the switch.
Fedora 17 here.
Debian Wheezy here. No issues whatsoever.
ubuntu minimal, xvba branch
Ubuntu Minimal 12.04 LTS with XVBA Branch
OpenELEC 2.99.3
Can a poll be setup in this thread? Would be nice to visually see what everyones distro of choice is.
+1 Openelec