Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A feature I used in confluence on XBMC 11 is removed in 12 (frodo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to frodo and have found that, while mostly is it great, one feature I used in the standard skin has been removed. I do not remember the exact option it was called, but essentially when choosing "videos" from the main menu it would take me straight to the "files" sub menu. This has now been lost, and choosing videos first takes me to several options such as movies, tv shows, etc and among them is "files" which I desire. Is there a way to add back the feature of it simply taking me to files, as per version 11? This was something that I found convenient and useful, since I prefer to navigate this way. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kind regards
Pete
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Yes, that setting option was removed. You have a couple of options:
Yes that is right, the line
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos)</onclick>
under the section
ID="2" needed altering.
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick>
This resolved the issue. Shame it was removed.

Pete