Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD menu navigation (video_ts folder)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, unfortunately I am not able to find answer here or on the internet at all, so please advise:
Using Mac Mini, and now frodo xbmc (but the problem occurred also in previous version).
I have my DVDs ripped and stored in video_ts folders.
Video_ts.ifo file does not work... I do not know why. So I am not able to play DVD directly by clicking "P" with selected folder with DVD (in stack mode), however this is not a main issue.
Video_ts.vob (menu file) works, BUT I am not able to move through DVD menu items, as "play movie", "sound settings", "bonus", etc.
Tried to use keyboard arrows, but they react as not for DVD menu but for xbmc itself.
Do you know how to select DVD menu items?
Thank you in advance.
(2013-02-21, 01:19)mijko Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, unfortunately I am not able to find answer here or on the internet at all, so please advise:
Using Mac Mini, and now frodo xbmc (but the problem occurred also in previous version).
I have my DVDs ripped and stored in video_ts folders.
Video_ts.ifo file does not work... I do not know why. So I am not able to play DVD directly by clicking "P" with selected folder with DVD (in stack mode), however this is not a main issue.
Video_ts.vob (menu file) works, BUT I am not able to move through DVD menu items, as "play movie", "sound settings", "bonus", etc.
Tried to use keyboard arrows, but they react as not for DVD menu but for xbmc itself.
Do you know how to select DVD menu items?
Thank you in advance.

Try turning on the library flatten option, selected from the side context menu. This will hide the video_ts folder and create a single movie entry. As far as accessing DVD menu items, you might need to configure the arrows keys in the userdata/keyboard.xml: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=keymap.

EDIT: I just tried using my keyboard hoked to my iMac in the menus of a DVD. I was able to use the arrow keys to move through the DVD menu and use the enter key to select a menu item. I did not map any keys in the userdata/keyboard.xml file.