Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Instant recording duration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonder if it would be possible to have different time limits when doing a instant recording.

For example, i am watching a show that has 30 ,minutes to go, when i have to leave.
If i press on instant recording systems records default time of 120 minutes.

Should be nice to have a choise, for example 30 , 60, or default.
depends on the backend I think - IIRC for me it's just recording the current show.
I have a VU+ solo with openpli 3

Yesterday i started a instant recording and it did record for 2 hours (default is 120 min).
Movie ended after 70 minutes
My Set top box ends instant recording when current program ends on EPG. I like this behaviour very much and think it´s very logical and useful. It´s also possible to add recording time in the end when rec-button is pressed again during instant recording. Would it be possible to implement this on XBMC too? Adding recording time "on the fly" isn´t that important if instant recording would use same extra time in the end as normal timed recordings.
+1 on ending instant recording on end of program in EPG regardless of the backend type. Also the value indicated for the end margin should still be obeyed as well. I think the default end margin is 10 minutes but this is defined in the same location as the instant recording duration.