Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confluence Menus Break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 completely different Win7 hardware machines both running current versions of Frodo. Both exhibit the same problem.

Once in a while, when exiting sleep mode, the Confluence menu seems to be broken. Various menu items disappear. I am generally in the files menu and when this problem occurs the list of files goes away. When I backspace up the menu chain each of the displays are empty, just the background. When I get to the main Confluence menu I have no menu, again just the background. I am hearing the sounds associated with navigation.

The only way I have found to get out of this is the alt-tab to the desktop and then kill XBMC and restart it. Note also, that there have been occasions where XBMC seems to have locked the system so that I am unable to alt-tab. Some times I am able to ctl-alt-del and kill XBMC via the task manager, some times even ctl-alt-del does not respond.

To reiterate, this happens on 2 completely different machines, the hardware is completely different. In one case the files are on a network share (RAID server), in the other case the files are on a USB mounted drive.

If it was just me using the system I could probably live with it but it is used also by my wife and parents when I am not around and helping them understand how to get out of this is problematic.

It occurs to me I should try another Skin and will do this but that may take a few days before I have any confidence that that corrects the problem or not as the problem only occurs every few days.

Any ideas?

p.s I will post additional details of at least one of my machines later today.