Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some Settings Mysteriously Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the past, I would frequently find that my selection to randomize songs in music playlists would frequently revert back to not random. Fortunately this problem no longer occurs. But the past few weeks I've discovered multiple times that a few particular settings change. Using Aeon MQ4 skin, though I don't see how that should matter.

I set settings/music/playback/replay gain volume to "use track levels", yet sometimes I discover it has changed back to "use album levels"
I set settings/system/power saving/Shutdown function timer to 45 minutes, but sometimes changes to "off".
I set settings/system/power saving/Shutdown function to hibernate, but also changes to "off".
To add some information that might help someone diagnose this frustrating problem, my PC is frequently put to sleep manually with XBMC open. I also have 2 profiles that are switched between a few times per week. I can only be certain that this problem happens with my primary (default) profile.

Since my original post a few weeks ago, I can say that the settings listed have changed automatically at least a few times. I just saved an log file with the settings as I want them to be. Next time this problem occurs I'll grab that log also and post them, unless someone figures this out. I realize I could make advancedsettings.xml entries to lock-in these settings, but that shouldn't be necessary.
Clearly I must be alone with this issue, but in a last-ditch attempt towards resolution, here are some logs.
This log has the replay gain and power saving settings correct
This log the settings were mysteriously changed
This log the settings are actually missing, thus I can't change them at all.
Do you have the same values for the settings in both profiles?
(2013-03-27, 05:53)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the same values for the settings in both profiles?

Yes, and I think it mysteriously changes for both. I certainly recall changing those settings to my liking in both profiles.
Not sure if this is relevant, but I sometimes wake my xbmc box and find a rarely-used 3rd (karaoke) profile loaded. I first thought someone in our house was using it, but now I don't think so. I will check those same settings in the karaoke profile when I get home.
I was the last person to use my default profile last night, but this morning when I woke xbmc it was on my karaoke profile. I'll have to check my remote macro for why that happens.

Anyhow, it appears I'm using an old version of my advancedsettings.xml for the karaoke profile, which explains why some settings don't show in that profile b/c I have the power and replay gain settings locked-in. But when I load my default ("theater") profile, shouldn't that load it's advancedsettings.xml, replacing the karaoke one? Not to mention, the locked-in settings of my karaoke profile are correct, so why do they revert to default when I change profiles?

Here is the karaoke log before I modified the advancedsettings.xml to remove the replay gain and power settings.
Ok, so you think what is happening is:

1. profile B gets loaded at start. It has advancedsettings.xml
2. profile A then gets loaded. It has advancedsettings.xml, but they're not read, or perhaps are read but not all settings transfer, in particular replaygain and power settings?

It would be useful to see whether you can reproduce this everytime, and whether it applies to other settings. Reason I ask about the latter is that at least replaygain is special.
Yeah, that's what I now think might be happening and you are correct, it should be reproducible. Will run some test tonight and report back. Thanks.