Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Main menu language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

i have this problem. I instaled XBMC 19.2 frodo on Android Minix Neo X5 Device. Then i switched language from English to Czech but main menu WEATHER, MUSIC, etc..is still in english . Other items are translated in czech. I also try another language (german) but still main menu in english. Does anybody know where can be problem?

Main menu in other skin (TOUCH) is translated well.

Thanks for any advices.
I just tried switching language (System/Settings > Appearance > International > Language > Czech) and it switched the main menu options to Czech. Frodo with Confluence skin.
Same here, with xubuntu, after upgrading to Frodo with the "Xvba and improved Vdpau" repository.

I've found that the strings.po file on /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/language/<any language but english> is incomplete. You can compare with the same file on "English" folder and see that the last items are missing. I don't know if there is a reason for this, but adding the missing items on this file, with the translation, did the work for me.

You can copy the lines from the english file, after the comment "empty strings from id 31910 to 31949", and paste on the strings.po of your prefered language, adding the translations. For instance:

#empty strings from id 31910 to 31949

msgctxt "#31950"
msgid "WEATHER"
msgstr "El tiempo"

msgctxt "#31951"
msgid "PICTURES"
msgstr "Fotos"

.... and so on...

Hope you understand my bad english Wink