Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Move Config To USB Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Linux and XMBC I have just spent the last week getting my setup running and sorting out various driver issues and getting problems with HDMI sound sorted. Now all is working fine however after a rethink I have decided I would like to run my XBMC from a bootable USB data stick. Rather than do a fresh install and start from scratch is there a way I can copy my install from my HDD? either by cloning the entire install to a USB stick or by making a fresh install and the USB stick then copying all the settings and files across from my HDD install to the USB drive?

Thanks Steve
Backup all userdata (wiki) contents (its where xbmc reads/stores all settings and info from, install Linux to usb and make sure usb has persistence enabled. Then restore all userdata (wiki) contents and your done.

uNi
Hi thanks for the response, will this include all the configuration files for all the driver updates I have installed?

Thanks Steve
No this is purely userdata (wiki) for XBMC, if you want xorg.conf files grab them too and any other tweaks you may need... Drivers can be resilatlled but the configs can remain with u.

uNi