Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Library Not Updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am now running my library off a mysql install. The local machine is also the server for the rest of the house. So the paths within xbmc are SMB paths to itself. When I try to either auto or manual update its working for tv shows it seems, not for movies. If I go to the source and Files highlight a movie and go to the context menu I can manually add them but it will not auto add them.

I am using the default scrapper and it was working but for some reason it just stopped. Even with TV shows it seems finicky as well. There is times I manually hit update and nothing happens. But then there is times where the watchdog addon will add things instantly for tv shows.

Any ideas?

I am almost wondering if the mysql is causing the problem and I should just manage each computer independantly Sad.

Here is a link to the debug if anyone can maybe see whats going wrong.
http://paste.ideaslabs.com/show/CvFoLgHoqF
There is alot of

Code:
22:39:14 T:4392  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
22:39:14 T:3792   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview  WHERE albumview.strAlbum <> ''
22:39:14 T:3792   ERROR: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere () failed

Did you set the proper content for Movies?
(2013-02-24, 09:10)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]There is alot of

Code:
22:39:14 T:4392  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
22:39:14 T:3792   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview  WHERE albumview.strAlbum <> ''
22:39:14 T:3792   ERROR: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere () failed

Did you set the proper content for Movies?

That appears to be saying album referring to music. I have no added music to XBMC.

And yes the content is set. And its also set to update. I am not sure why it just stopped working. the logs dont show me anything saying its broken.
I have the same issue. Installed Frodo XBMCbuntu on a server which is also the MythTV server and XBMC frontend and have two other Shuttle's serving as XBMCbuntu "clients" synched up through MySQL. When I hit "Update Library" for the Movies, it seems to go through the directory structure and read through them, but doesn't really update the library. Well, it doesn't add *some* movies, because it does add others. For example, out of the 8 Harry Potter movies, it only added about 5 of them to the library...weird.
Your XBMC log has the answer
(2013-02-26, 02:30)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]Your XBMC log has the answer

I posted a link to the log. I didnt see any problems with it for movies. Only for music because I have no sources.
Anyone have any thoughts? I merged an old extenrals content over and some of it auto updated some of it did not. TV shows always work no problem.

I am using flexraid and pointing to that share. I am wondering if flexraid has a problem with a single folder containing a large amount of files? I cannot figure out of the problem is from Flexraid or from XBMC. I posted the log in my original post. I am not good at log reading but I dont see any errors in the movie section.
Are you using Flexraid pooling as well?
(2013-03-06, 22:21)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Flexraid pooling as well?

Yes. I am only using flexraid currently for the pooling. I pool 4 drives into an M:\ I share that M drive and use that as my network share.... \\htpc\videos\movies

that path locally is M:\videos\movies
I have tried everything, I just cannot seem to get this to work. its so odd that TV shows work perfect. But movies is a no go...

So here is an interesting update. If I right click on a movie and select update library nothing happens. it doesnt update just looks for tv shows. If i go back to the files section and right click movies and hit find new content it works. However watchdog is not working for movies either... ideas?
Its really odd, can you post your advancedsettings.xml. is your content set to M:\ or to smb://htpc/videos/movies. if its not set to smb , try it.
(2013-03-07, 05:11)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]Its really odd, can you post your advancedsettings.xml. is your content set to M:\ or to smb://htpc/videos/movies. if its not set to smb , try it.

I just said screw it and started over. But now its locking up a lot. How do i backup just my aeon nox settings? like if i reinstall i can just import or drop in the folder to have my skin exactly how it was before? I only had a few addons so those are easy to get again.
backup your guisettings.xml (this contains your skin formatting). If your using MySQL server or even if your not, use smb.
(2013-03-07, 05:26)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]backup your guisettings.xml (this contains your skin formatting). If your using MySQL server or even if your not, use smb.

I am pretty sure SMB is what caused the issue. I blew out my mysql and just went back to local files. I think that was part of the problem. I couldnt even backup my library it was having problems connecting to SMB even though it was working just fine from other computers. I could play files fine but couldnt backup and trying to re-add the database with SMB it didnt find them.
Out of curiosity if now that i killed mysql and running it local why would i want to use SMB shares off a local share? By doing that it would need to run a network loop back to itself.
Pages: 1 2 3