Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problems with pvr connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I was hoping to watch live TV on windows 8 computer and downloaded xbmc (frodo 12.0) but am having problems. I have tiny twin DVB-T USB aerial with up todate driver. After installing xbmc I enabled pvr client as add on, and then enabled live tv. The problem is that regardless of which pvr client I use, I get messages saying that the pvr is not connected or connection lost. I guess I am getting something really simple wrong but haven't been able to find any online solutions. Suggestions as to how to successfully hookup to live tv would be appreciated. thanks.
Thank you. I worked through the wiki again. This time I downloaded the updated release of Next pvr client. I also downloaded the patch but was unable to copy it to the program file as I kept receiving a message telling me that the dll file to be replaced was in use. I shut all programs and turned my computer off but still wasn't able to replace the dll for the stated reason. I then enabled the pvr client as an add on and enabled live tv. I do not receive the 'not connected' message but am unable to receive any tv channels. I don't know whether this is relevant or not but the 'search for channels' indicator is greyed out in TV settings. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks