Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing episodes and movies on specific smb share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I have the odd problem that a lot of my episodes and movies are not found during scanning when they are located on my E: drive (which is my default download drive for Sickbeard/Coupotato).
The way they are found (or not found) is usually the same: if it is a multi season serie, the first seasons are found correctly, but in the last season only the first two or three eps are found along with the last one.
For my movies, it just found 8 of the 26 movies. When scanning with Missing Movie Scanner, it doesn't find anything else.

When I cut/paste such a serie to another drive, it is found correctly. So the naming is correct.
I scanned the E: drive with HDTune, and it found no errors.

Info:

Win8
Frodo
SMB Share
Aeon MQ4
Scrapers: TheTVDB for series and UniversalScraper for movies.
XBMC log: here I went to a serie and reloaded it on the tv show information screen. I hope this is what you need. I'm completely new to this.

Can anybody push me in a direction?

Thx!
Nobody that can help me? Or am I giving the wrong information?

Thx
I think I have the same problem, since 2 or 3 months, some movies or serie episodes are not recognized. So : +1
Anybody can help?
ATV2 frodo
I am not a pro at going through logs, but I see this a lot...

17:36:29 T:1620 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://HEEZY-PC/Series/New Girl/.actors

But I don't see any error about scanning in new content. It maybe there, just not as an error. Can you give a title of a show causing problems, or a movie that would be seen in the logs that didn't get added?
If it works on one drive and not on the other then it looks like it could be permissions.

Make sure the folder/files can be read & listed by Everyone.

Same if it's a share. Look at Share permissions as well as regular permissions.

-Pr.
I checked my permissions for those folders, and to my knowledge they are correct. I read the XBMC wiki on SMB share setup, and that's how I have done it.

@ Diggs:

New Girl is an example of such a serie that does not get fully recognized. 666 Park Avenue also.
It's just so weird that it's same pattern: first season gets recognized, second season gets recognized, ..., last season does not (ie. only the first and last episodes.)

Thanks for your responses!
The only entry I found on that show is...

17:35:08 T:3080 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://HEEZY-PC/Series/666 Park Avenue/

No errors, just no info was found. Unsure why that drive would do that, other than permissions. I assume you aren't using a "Season" folder since I don't see it in the path. You could try creating separate folders for each season of one show and try it again... But this really doesn't explain the fact it only happens with that share/drive.

Sorry, can't think of anything more to try or why it would do this.
I do use Season Foldering for all my series. But I use the option to flatten the serie if it only contains 1 season.

If my sharing permissions would not be right, wouldn't none of them then be recognized instead of some of them?
I finally had some time to test things again:

I installed XBMC on the server PC. There, everything gets recognized correctly.

I'm puzzled right now. Afaik, I set up the sharing rights correctly. After all, if the sharing rights would not be correct, then none of the series would be recognized, right? Because now, on the SMB share all the series get recognized, but not all the episodes. Or is this wrong thinking of me?

Somebody that can help me out?

Thx!
try this..

edit the source and set content to none
when prompted to clean the library select no
edit source again and set to the appropriate scraper
when prompted to scan the folder the select yes
Thanks, I tried it, but without success. Do you think it's the scraper that's causing this?
Is there anything I can do to create a log that might produce a recognizable error?
Ok, after some testing, I found something. I said that when I cut a folder from the E: drive (where it doesn't get recognized correctly) and pasted it on another drive, it got fully recognized.
Now... when I cut/paste that folder back to the E: drive, it gets recognized correctly...

Anybody has a clue what the reason is or what I'm doing wrong? I can cut/paste all my folders, but that's +1TB... so if there's an easier solution, shoot :-).