Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Filebot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just started to use filebot to rename my media but it seems to only rename the file but I would like the file structure as follows.

Movies/ Movie(year)/ file(year)

I tried to alter stuff in the preferences and it didn't work. I ended up changing all the file names to .file extentions and not touching the folder names.

Any advice on how to do this right or another program that would suit my needs better would be appreciated

Thank you
Hi Ratty

One option, though I don't know how easy or time-consuming it may be, though based on the indivudal components and how each one works, shouldn't take too long.
  1. Move all files out of their current folders to the root of the drive ie E:\, or to the movie folder E:\Movies\
  2. Rename them using Filebot to include years in parenthesis
  3. Use file2folder (http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...ia-browser) to place them back into folders - which if you have them named with years should place them into folders based on the filename (ie with the year as part of the folder name)
No responsibility accepted should this go 'belly up'. Try it with 3 or 4 movies as a test before you do a full drive
Another option would be to use Ember Media Manager and Filebot to acomplish the task. Use Filebot to name the media "title (year).ext". Then use Ember Media Manager to sort the media into folders. Ember in settings-movies-file and source has a option which you could check "Sort files into folders before media update"

hope that helps
What you want:
(2013-02-26, 07:46)rattyjunk Wrote: [ -> ]Movies/Movie(year)/file(year)

FileBot naming format to move things into exactly that structure:
Code:
X:/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})