Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cubox or Raspberry PI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i want to replace my HDI Dune player. Should i go for a Raspberry PI or a Cubox to run XBMC on? i should be able to stream iso's from my QNAP and run TVHeadend. Maybe an optical audio connection would be required as my surround receiver does not switch HDMI audio.

help appriciated, Thx, Johan
Cubox has an immature XBMC distro, and while I really enjoy playing with my Pi, it's good as a basic box for local content and some streaming add-ons, I and others have found it underpowered as a headend. To replace the Dune you would probably want to go with an HTPC.

The Pivos Xios runs Linux XBMC really well at this point, but since I set it up for a family member in another town, I haven't had a chance to test the tv headend functionality. I would ask on the Pivos thread or on the Pivos website forum.

There are some other cool options on the horizon like the Odroid and the Ouya.
id say depends on what your iso's are BR or DVD... this box is looking cool... http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/635/mc0...L=1&c=2296 you can get the base model from their site for like 139 or something, and openelec is supporting them...

im thinking about buying one, but then im torn between waiting for something with the tegra 4 chip in for an android install...