Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCBuntu First Try - HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Extremely sorry to ask that question. But i really didn't understand how to solve problem. I red a lot of threads but still no idea. I will try to learn more about linux if there is a really solution with my hardware. Thank you very much.

I can get HD Audio by windows Easily. This is my first time with xbmcbuntu frodo and it seems really great after some experience. I wonder if i can get hd sound with my system in xbmcbuntu. Any details needed please ask, I will do my best to reply.

Samsung 80GB
Intel Core2Duo E8600
Asus P5N7A-VM GF9300 Mainboard
Asus GT430
Samsung 80GB
Kingston HyperX 2*2GBRam 6400
380W PSU 400
if you use HDMI via the nvidia card, it should work out of the box.
Sorry not to mention
System connected to Onkyo Receiver from GT430 via HDMI 1.4 cable.

HDMI #3 (ONKYO) selected from system. I can get non hd audios (DTS-AC3) without any problem
debug log (wiki)
This is my first time. I hope this log is ok.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5571314/
Is there anyone can make any comment. Thank you very much.
i cannot get the master audio formats.
maybe it's related.

gt630 & onkyo tx-sr805 (definitely a master audio capable receiver).
oh and it used to work in an older beta of frodo.

what i see when i playback a master audio track is that the video stutters and a very annoying constant jitter comes out of my speakers.
framerate is at 70% of what it should be (e.g. 17 fps instead of 23.97).
Exactly same problem as mine.
(2013-02-27, 20:51)Songoku Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first time. I hope this log is ok.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5571314/

Looks like you have the wrong audio output device selected (please post a screenshot of your audio output settings). The correct one seems to be card 1, device 3 but XBMC opens your default which is totally the wrong one it seems.

If you can't figure out which output is the correct one, try each one at a time and see which one works.
my log is identical to songoku's.
i also drawed the conclusion that xbmc did not select the right audio device.
so i tried all devices manually without succes.
but i did notice that when i select a random other sound device (which generated no sound) the video is smooth as silk (but no sound :o[ )
it seems my onkyo is glued to a specific sound device.
Hi negge,

I disabled onboard sound card from the bios and also installed a clean xbmcbuntu.

In XBMC i have only 4 different of output choice.
HDA NVidia, HDMI #0
HDA NVidia, HDMI #1
HDA NVidia, HDMI #2
HDA NVidia,ONK TX-SR308 on HDMI #3

I can get AC3 & DTS sounds when i choose both on HDMI #3. But no HD sound. I also tried 16 combinations of those selection possibilities.

I am pasting my settings & new debug log.

Thank you very much

Debug Log

Xbmc Sound Settings
Any small tip for me will be very useful.. Any link or thread similar to mine. checking forum for days but couldn't get a clue.
@Songoku: Your audio output settings look totally fine, the fact that you cet AC3/DTS passthrough means that the selected audio output is the correct one. There's still something odd going on judging by all the "Discontinuity" messages in the log. Could you also post a screenshot of your System -> Video -> Playback settings (the one where you adjust synchronization and refresh rate changes)?

Forgot to add, does HD audio "work" if you disable "DTS/HD capable receiver"? What should happen then is that the DTS core is decoded to LPCM.
Same as songoku, treid all combinations, no sound.
I do get audio whem i disable dts hd capable receiver.
But thats not real hd audio is it?
(2013-03-05, 21:11)basco Wrote: [ -> ]Same as songoku, treid all combinations, no sound.
I do get audio whem i disable dts hd capable receiver.
But thats not real hd audio is it?

Correct, only the lossy core part is being played. I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you further.
Pages: 1 2