Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc problem on android phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
New to forum so sorry if this has been asked before.
I have just installed xbmc on android phone (sony experia arc).The download and install/first run ran fine.It then closed down.I now have the icon as an app on my phone screen but when i try to open it just flashs black screen and then close straight away.

Any advice on what could be causing this??..I have had a quick browse through the forum for any similar posts and couldnt see any..

Cheers in advance
Can you post a logcat and your xbmc log? Also: are you using a custom rom, if so which one?
thanks for quick repy kermonine,but like i said i am new and dont understand a word of what you just asked..
If you can put it in easier terms for me as to what you need to know and where i can find it.
All i can tell you is i used the download section on here,followed the install instructions and all went fine.
I have since cleared the cache on the app on the phone and tried to do a first run again..same results.
no load just a flash of the screen.

Could have something to do available space on the phone...
(2013-02-27, 22:52)ajd01 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for quick repy kermonine,but like i said i am new and dont understand a word of what you just asked..
If you can put it in easier terms for me as to what you need to know and where i can find it.
All i can tell you is i used the download section on here,followed the install instructions and all went fine.
I have since cleared the cache on the app on the phone and tried to do a first run again..same results.
no load just a flash of the screen.

Could have something to do available space on the phone...

I will fill in on explaining what Logcat is, because I think you should try to collect that at the very least or technical people won't know what happened on your device.

Logcat basically records verbose details about anything your Android device is doing. Assuming that you're not using Android OS 4.1 or later, the procedure to collect the information is simply as follows:

Go to Google Play to search for Apps using the term "Logcat". A bunch of them appear. I recommend using the app named "Catlog".
Run the application, Now you should see a bunch of lines of text showing up and slowly scrolling. Switch back to Android home screen. Start running your XBMC process until you observe again what you wanted to report.

Go back to the LogCat application and look for, in the app menu an option to save or even better, email (to youself) the Logcat output.

Regarding custom ROMs, if don't know what it is you probably haven't installed any. At least I'd advise you take a screenshot -- or write down what you see -- of the About Phone section of the OS and share with developers what the Android version, Kernel version etc. are,

From your description it could really be another case of special://home and special://masterprofiles mapped to //.xbmc, but we won't be able to confirm this until you generate the LogCat output