Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to set a favorite to scan for new contect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to set a Favorited or custom link to rescan a folder for new content.

I use a remote to control My XBMC and I can't right click.
I use my PC to load my NAS, outside of my XBMC PC.

I usually load new files then watch them right away but don't want to have to pull out a keyboard on my TV every time. And its nicer to use the TV menus instead of the Video menus to browse. If I could eliminate the need for the keyboard I would prefer it.

My Last option is to install VMware on my PC with android OS, and use the XBMC app to tell it to do it, but that is a bit heavy.
What remote are you using? Most of the WMC compatible ones I've had map the info key (on mine it's the little one with the "i" on it) to the action needed to bring up the context menu. If I remember correctly, using "c" on your keyboard will also bring up that menu, so if one of your remote buttons doesn't do it, you could use something like event ghost to map a remote key to the "c" key press. I think that will be much easier than trying to create a favorite for a library update.
I'm using a Harmony 300 and set it up with a USB IR reader (HP OVU400102). This lets me configure basic functions threw the Myharmony.com site, but I can't key map which is why I want to get a submenu set up. When I was orginaly looking threw the Key mapping SW I saw you could program each key separately, but then I would have to program each key or function manually. But programming it to us the IR port 99% of the work is already done.