Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Corruption - Please help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I have been using XBMC for a little over a year now. Throughout that time i have suffered issues with my libraries corrupting somehow.

The two most common issues are one of my libraries becoming empty, and needing a full rebuild.
I also often have the libraries just refuse to update, but let's focus on the first issue for now.

Usually to resolve this, i just rename the sql lite .db file and scan my folders back into the library. Bit of a pain.

I have actually saved my Music database file after the last corruption, opening this file in sql lite browser shows most of the data seems to be missing, but when viewed in a hex editor you can see the file hasnt been truncated and everything seems to be present. See: http://enpts.com/files/MyMusic32.zip

Can anyone please help as it's becoming a regular pain in the arse on an otherwise excellent system.

More info:

These issues have persisted throughout windows reinstalls, xbmc versions and hard drives (+ SSDs)

Nothing particually weird about my setup
- Windows 7 64bit
- XBMC12
- Library auto-update plugin, set to run every 4 hours
- Libraries set to clean every day
- Library update set to run on open, but usually i just hibernate the box anyway

Music
- single share on server 2008 r2 server, addressed via unc path (\\srv\MP3)
Movies
- two shares on server 2008 r2 server, addressed via unc paths (\\srv\Movies + \\srv\Temp Movies)
TV
- one share on server 2008 r2 server, addressed via unc path (\\srv\Media)

Any help appreciated! Thanks
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

If your media shares are inaccessible when you run your scheduled cleanlibrary, then these "missing" items will be removed from the library.
(2013-03-03, 20:28)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the XBMC forums.

If your media shares are inaccessible when you run your scheduled cleanlibrary, then these "missing" items will be removed from the library.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I do have "verify sources before clean" checked. So i'm suprised it would just delete everything.

Is anyone able to tell from my .db file if anything is corrupt, or simply "cleaned" as suggested?

Either way i have turned cleaning off and will monitor for a bit
I have been running my xbmc without the clean libraries option for a week or so now. Unfortunately my music library has once again stopped updating. If i try and update it, it appears to scan through the folders but new albums are not added (i have added 3 or 4 this week).

Here is current music database file. http://enpts.com/files/MyMusic32_2.zip

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Some examples of recently added music
\\srv\MP3\Justice\Audio, Video, Disco\
\\srv\MP3\Justice\†\
\\srv\MP3\The xx\xx
\\srv\MP3\The Black Keys\Attack and Release

Usually i just delete the .db file in this instance and let it rebuild from scratch.

Thanks
Does the computer or XBMC crash? Crashes or sudden power-off/loss is the most common cause for corrupted databases.
(2013-03-22, 04:00)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Does the computer or XBMC crash? Crashes or sudden power-off/loss is the most common cause for corrupted databases.
Nope, xbmc and the pc keep running. I rarely power off the pc in fact.