Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which remote control handset to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

We just got our first Apple iMac machine, its a 27" iMAC. I just installed XBMC and am about to copy the enter Userdata and addons folders from my Linux XBMC PC to the new iMAC - hoping XBMC on the iMAC will then be setup the same as the existing Linux XBMC PC?

Anyways we will need a remote control for the iMAC to control XBMC. Knowing nothing about OSX what remotes can I use? Can I just buy of those little Apple remote controls like what the Apple TV's have? Or maybe a Logitech Harmony or something else ?

Thanks
(2013-03-03, 23:44)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

We just got our first Apple iMac machine, its a 27" iMAC. I just installed XBMC and am about to copy the enter Userdata and addons folders from my Linux XBMC PC to the new iMAC - hoping XBMC on the iMAC will then be setup the same as the existing Linux XBMC PC?

Anyways we will need a remote control for the iMAC to control XBMC. Knowing nothing about OSX what remotes can I use? Can I just buy of those little Apple remote controls like what the Apple TV's have? Or maybe a Logitech Harmony or something else ?

Thanks

Yes, the Apple remote will work. There is also the free XBMC remote app that runs on an iPhone or iPad that will work as well.
I bought one of those silver Apple remotes. It works and I can navigate around XBMC and have basic control over the UI. If XBMC is closed and I press the menu button on the remote it launches XBMC, I never did anything to set that up it just worked !

Thanks