Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming audio while playing a movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to play a movie in XBMC, and then have its audio available as a stream so I could listen to it from another device.
My particular use case is that I'd want to play the movie to a TV, but then put on headphones and plug them into my smartphone and listen that way, instead of the audio coming out from the TV.

I haven't found any options for doing so, nor have I found any addons that give this option.
If such an option truly doesn't exist, could someone perhaps point me to the relevant addon development section that would at least get me started?

Thanks!
Lots of people have been looking for a solution like this. Biggest issue is audio sync with the video. I don't think there has been any "good" solution found yet.
Fair enough. Is there any existing interface (python or otherwise) that I could hook up to and to create a custom audio endpoint and/or intercept audio being output by XBMC?