Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Built-in screensavers fail when Vsync is enabled. Bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I've discovered a repeatable misbehaviour of the built-in screensavers (dim and blank). When enabling vsync as "always on", the screensavers can't kick in. If I choose to preview the screensaver, I know it's running because XBMC ignores one keypress, but the screen never actually dims or blanks. The logs show no screensaver error during this test.

This behaviour is consistent and repeatable on my setup - enabling "vsync always on" makes the screensavers "Dim" and "Black screen" not actually do anything. Active 3D screensavers do work. Disabling vsync lets the Dim and Black screen screensavers do their thing properly again.

This problem occurs on an Intel i3 3220 (Intel HD2500 iGPU) running Frodo final (bug(?) is also present in earlier nightlies) under Ubuntu 12.10 in standalone mode.

I can't seem to find a bug report of this nature in the Bugtracker, nor on the forums. Has anyone else seen it and has a solution/workaround/known active bug report, or should I open a new ticket for this?
I discovered this problem today. Intel graphics on that particular machine.
A Debug Log is always needed to help. Besides, a lot of stuff changed so some user experience with Gotham nightlies would also really help.
Quote:This problem occurs on an Intel i3 3220 (Intel HD2500 iGPU) running Frodo final (bug(?) is also present in earlier nightlies) under Ubuntu 12.10 in standalone mode.

Set Vertical Blank Sync to "Let Driver choose". Something is wrong there in the intel driver. After doing this, just restart xbmc- problem still there?

This is a known intel bug. As they do wait for SwapBuffers by default, the "Let driver choose" is a workaround without issues.