Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Database issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here's my prroblem. I have done a fresh install of Frodo, but all addon repositories are empty. Having a look in the userdata folder, there is no .db files being created. I'e tried searching for all the usual fixes etc but it seems unrelated to mostt people's issues. To top this off, it seems no .db file will be created, so I can't set up Movies or TV Series etc. This is getting a little bitt annoying as I can't seem to locate the problem. I have already tried a fresh Install, then formatting the HTPC. I thought it may be access issues to create the files so disabled UAC and the HTPC is an administrator. I haqve tried different repositories with no sucess.

I think the issue is to do with an inability to create the .db files, but I have no idea why. Any help would be much appreciated. I will post log files shortly.
log file is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2527

Funnily enough it appears I was right about the issue, "ERROR: Unable to create new database" appears all over the place. If someone has some insight into this it would be much appreciated. The user is an administratorr, XBMC is running in Administrator mode, I'm not seeing what the issue is.
Have you tried doing a "Force refresh" on each of your repositories? You may have to wait a few minutes after doing a refresh before the list of add-ons is populated. Some have also reported they had to force refresh a repository several times before anything showed up.
Yup, tried refreshing quite a bit, refreshing waiting sometimes 30 mins and nothing. Unfortunately this isn't a simple one.

Edited for the sake of grammar
NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: smb://snas-server/Home/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata

That will not worky.
Is ther any way to work around that issue? I'm running roaming profiles on all computers, so the XBMC folder is on a network shared rive. This has been causing a lot of issues but I really want to find a way around this, not just stop using the roaming profile on the PC.
you can create a symbolic link for the folder. I think it's not recommended, but for sure it would work.
I use that system here, except that I don't remote the whole userdata folder, but specific files (guisettings, sources, etc) and folders from it. Works like a charm
(2013-03-06, 10:40)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: smb://snas-server/Home/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata

That will not worky.

Why does the windows build of XBMC put its data in %appdata%/roaming if it won't work with roaming profiles ?
As far as I know it should not put its data there then.
Well, thea idea of roaming profiles is that you use the local folder as a cache and that syncs with the on the server when you login or logout in a network envoronment with AD/domain.

Otherwise it's a little difficult to have laptops and roaming profiles...