Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extreme GPU temperatures XBMCubuntu fresh install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I just installed my HTPC (http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-giga-id70-plus.html) with the latest Xbmcbuntu ( xbmcbuntu-12.00.Intel-NVIDIA.iso)

Everything works fine but then I noticed that the gpu temperature is 110celsius!!!!!! Cpu is around 50-60celsius

The airflow is ok and there is no dust. I can hear all of the fans so they work.

I tried to find something here on the forum about the problem but could find anything. When I try to exit XBMC it just reboots. If i try shutdown or reboot. Then it just freezes in the menu. Can it be a Nvidia driver problem? Is there a gpu fan management system for xbmcbuntu?

Please help me before I burn my HTPC

Thanks
Iscar1ot
debug log
I just opened up the htpc. I can see that the gpu fan speed is really slow when xbmc is loaded. When I restart it speeds up but slows down again when xbmc is loaded. How can I adjust this fan speed?
GPU: GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.64
usually in bios.
It was a faulty fan that provided the high temperatures. Changed the fan and now it works!