Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Option to stop video repeating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have never found the need to search for XBMC help before. It just seemed to work without any issues.

I've searched through XBMC settings, searched in Google and searched the forum but I can't seem to find an answer to this. I think it must be simple so I don't know if I'm just missing something obvious.

After playing a video I just want XBMC to do nothing, but it plays the same video again from the beginning. I don't know why anyone would want it to do this, so I don't know if it is a bug or if I have somehow told it to do this. Previous versions didn't seem to work this way and I haven't intentionally set it to do this.

Can someone please tell me how I can stop it doing this? What am I doing wrong and if this is the default behaviour, can someone please tell me why?

Many thanks,

Leo
you have managed to set the repeat state to on. it's a stored setting. it's not the default behavior btw.

queue some video ('q' on a keyboard). then hit space, left, turn repeat off.
(2013-03-07, 17:14)spiff Wrote: [ -> ]queue some video ('q' on a keyboard). then hit space, left, turn repeat off.

Thanks for the reply. Love your grumpy developer description:Big Grin

I tried to follow your instructions but it doesn't seem to work for me. Pressing q when on the home screen just highlights the Music option on the main bar, but does nothing else. I'm running Windows but using a Mac keyboard so I don't know if this has an impact. The keys work fine in every other application so I would have thought they would work the same in XBMC? When running a video pressing the spacebar (is this what you meant?) just pauses the video. By left did you mean the left cursor key? That has no effect at all. Sorry if I'm being really dumb here!

Are the options stored in a text file somewhere that I can just edit?

BTW, when I say playing video I mean in video add-ons and I'm getting a lot of videos where the sound plays but I get no video showing. I'm running on quite a fast machine (Intel 2600k with 16GB memory) but my graphics card is not the fastest. Any idea what might be causing this? I have to close XBMC and restart it to get any videos to work but the same thing happens with nearly all videos.
i meant go to the video window. browse to some video. hit 'q' to push this to the playlist. you can then access the playlist screen using 'space'. in there, use the left cursor key to get the side menu to pop out and there is the option to disable the repeat of the playlist.

as for the second problem; try disabling dxva.