Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resume from sleep problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My htpc is this one :

amd fusion e-350
4 gb ram
hama mce remote + ir usb adapter
running frodo
tv samsung 55es6900 connected with hdmi for both video and analog 2.0 audio

My problem is : resume from sleep is not working well. I press the power button on the remote and my htpc is tuning on then after a few seconds it returns to sleep. I have to wake it a few times to let it stay powered on. After this all is working great.

What is the problem ? Have i to install any drivers for my samsung tv ? Something related to edid informations ?
Look inside your event viewer.

In the system log, you should see entries for "Kernel-Power" with Event 42. Sometimes that can give you some insight whether or not you have an issue.

Either way, it doesn't sound like an XBMC issue (easy way would be to not use XBMC on boot/resume and see if the problem persists). If it only happens with XBMC active, they I think you have a duplicate command set. Either disable the power command for your remote in XBMC (let windows handle it) or the other way around.
It's surely not a xbmc problem, i'm using xbmc launcher to close xbmc before suspend and resume it 10 seconds after wake Smile

It's probably something related to hdmi video,edid,tv , i really do not know
EDID doesn't command PC to power down, it simply tells a connected device the displays' output capabilities. When PC's don't send an EDID command upon resuming from sleep, sometimes the display loses sync with the HTPC.

Only a power-event command can shutdown the PC. My guess is that XBMCLauncher may not be configured properly. Again, check your event viewer for clues...
Will check asap. Thanks
Nothing inside event viewer...i just tried to generate a correct edid and used it as a display driver. Let's see...