Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show updates stopped working today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Today my XBMC stopped updating the TV Shows. I just added a movie to my Movies folder, and that was working fine.

I have my HTPC set up with XBMC, Sickbeard and Couchpotato. The files my Sabnzbd downloaded today (Big Bang Theory, Community and Two and a Half Men) are in the right folders. I can see them in the 'videos' section, but they don't seem to be renamed by the scraper (I use The TVDB).

When I command XBMC to do a library update, it doesn't give me any errors. The loading bar in the upper right corner of the screen just loads really quick, but nothing happens afterwards,

Any ideas how this problem occurs? Help will be appreciated.
Welcome.

Yes, look around forums before posting http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158604

uNi
uNi, thank for your reply.

I have read that thread, but there is a difference. nick w is posting that he gets an error saying it's unable to connect. I don't get any errors. I even just tried a different scraper, XEM configured to use the TV Rage listing, but it doesn't solve the problem. I figured that concludes that the problem is not with The TVDB.
Check your debug log (wiki) after scanning for your new show/episode to see what may have been the problem.
Yes there are mixed results but the fact is tvdb has been mixed results for at least a week I get no errors when doing library update yet it doesnt add anything becaise something is going on with tvdb.

I can try 5 times in a row pullng info on a episode that wasnt added and errors out saying no information found, after a while I try again and it finds information, its random at best and happening for a week or so.

Log does clear up a few things in anycase.

uNi
Thank you, I've checked the debug log and it does show that there is a problem with the scraper. I will patiently wait for the TVDB to fix the problem.
I am having the same issue.

Nothing is being pulled through at all.

Is it possible to download the infromation manually and transfer it across?
Hi guys, to be sure if my issue is the same: I have several new episode files ready, but during the scan for new content nothing is found, and no errors popup (like cannot connect to host). Is this happening to you guys?

For instance, this is a part of my log file where it mentions one of the episodes which is new, but isn't added:

20:22:38 T:140633040840448 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://NAS/TV/Two and a Half Men/Season 10/Two and a Half Men - S10E18 - The 904 From Pemberton.mkv'
20:22:38 T:140633040840448 DEBUG: GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF8DAC/series/72227/all/en.zip' using The TVDB scraper (file: '/storage/.xbmc/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.5.1')
20:22:38 T:140633040840448 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x7fe7281ccc80) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF8...all/en.zip
20:22:38 T:140633040840448 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
20:22:38 T:140633040840448 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
20:22:38 T:140633040840448 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
20:22:38 T:140633040840448 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://NAS/TV/Two and a Half Men/', it won't be added to the library.

So, my guess is this is all the same issue: thetvdb.com is down, is this correct?

Thanks!
(2013-03-09, 09:57)mikkelnl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, to be sure if my issue is the same: I have several new episode files ready, but during the scan for new content nothing is found, and no errors popup (like cannot connect to host). Is this happening to you guys?

So, my guess is this is all the same issue: thetvdb.com is down, is this correct?

Thanks!

I'm getting EXACTLY the same thing...I'm running an old Live build (Camelot) and it's the same for all the listed TV scrapers (TVRage, IMDBtv, etc). Movies are fine.

There are a couple of other threads of people reporting the same issue on different versions of XBMC. I first thought it was a problem with the TVDB site but then why does it happen with all the other TV scrapers? I can't refresh existing shows, scrape new shows that aren't yet in my library or add new episodes to existing shows.

I figured the 'Scan for new content' isn't working because it can't find the episode info, even though it can physically see the local episode files and your log seems to confirm that. Weird.
You guys, its tvdb again or still.

uNi
i've just started using xbmc and the movie scraper work whereas the TV one can't connect. All my file naming conventions are correct i.e S01E01 is everyone else still having issues?
i would suggest to read this thread first,
it's has been answered several times what the issue is and also a work arround
(2013-03-09, 12:24)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]i would suggest to read this thread first,
it's has been answered several times what the issue is and also a work arround

I'm sorry but I missed the workaround Smile Could you point me in the right direction? Scanning with different scrapers won't work for me Sad

Sent from my iPhone 2
it's explained here in some topics
Seems that the TVDB admins are aware...just found this on their forum:

"There is a known issue right now which the admins believe is due to cloudflare and is being looked into. We'll let you all know when we find out more."
Pages: 1 2