Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't run 120Hz since Frodo Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Here's the deal. I am currently running a custom build with an AMD FX8150 (Oct) processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM (G.Skill), 1TB HDD, and Dual Radeon HD 6870's in Crossfire mode with Windows 7 PRO 64-bit for the OS. That being said, since my FRODO update, 120hz mode no longer works. I've had the same drivers (13.1, latest) since version 11 of XBMC, and it worked then. I went back and turned ON GPU Scaling (it got turned off for some reason), as this was turned on and that fixed my 120hz problem in version 11. Now, no matter if it is off or on, 24fps is lagging severely. Can someone please help? I've searched for about a month trying to find a solution. Should I just revert to version 11? I'm so sick of XBMC now that this issue has caused me so much grief. It was my favorite app for movies because it could match the refresh rate. I'm hoping to get it fixed so I can love it again. Movies are so much more clear when you can view them at true 120hz.

Also, I know people say that there's no true 120hz, but that's not true. 24fps with the right graphics card (to handle it) will automatically give you 120hz refresh rate. I never understood why people said it's not doable on a pc but a console (namely PS3) can do it?? --That's my side rant. It always confused me.