Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Centralizing thumbnails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've been beating my head with this question for a while and after numerous searches and still not figuring out how, I'll post my problem here hoping you can help.

I run multiple xbmc clients on my network, using MySQL so that libraries are kept in sync. Now, I also want my thumbnails to be stored on a central location, namely an SSD drive on my server. My media is stored on a raid5 array. Currently, the thumbails are scattered in the folders that hold my media, cluttering the array, making everything untidy, giving me loads I don't want on the array. Is there a way I could move all those thumbnails, over to my SSD drive(which would be a network drive) and then point my clients to that location?

I'm running Frodo on Windows clients.

Thank you in advance
AFAIK, Frodo changes where thumbnails are stored. They are now individual copies stored on each client, allowing for better performance. The db still allows them to be sync'd, however.

You can copy the thumbnails folder from one client to any new ones, to make setup faster, or you can let the new client download it's own.