Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Set Structure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone,

So with Eden, I always used XWMM to set up my moviesets, as it seemed like it was the easiest way to do so. Since moving to FRODO, XWMM no longer supports FRODO, so I am back to setting this up myself.

Here comes my question:

Does the file structure have to be a certain way? For instance, this is how my current folder structure is set up:

----Movies
---------Bluray
-----------------Die Harder
-----------------Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
-----------------Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I have one folder per movie set up currently. That means certain set, 007 for example, is spread out all over the place. Do I HAVE to put all the movies that I want in sets in one more folder down? For instance

----Movies
----------Bluray
-----------------Die Hard
------------------------Die Hard
------------------------Die Harder
-----------------Harry Potter
------------------------Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
------------------------Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
-----------------Indiana Jones
------------------------Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
------------------------Raiders of the Lost Ark

Or is it good enough for me to create 1 nfo file for each set that I want to create and drop that into the individual movie folders - eliminating the need to put all the movie folders into one parent folder for a set?

I have done searches and it looks like people are doing either of the methods, and I wasn't sure if there was a XBMC recommended way of doing it.

Thanks!!!!
No you don't need a specific structure. The sets are defined by the metadata source.
Thanks nickr