Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Uploaded to Play:

Play Link
Nice thnx, gave it a 5 star review on google play..

Now you will probably get alot more feedback now that it is in the google play store...
Thanks, yea not sure, its probably a small target group of boblight users.
Very nice app.
New version should be up in a few hours.

I added a Rainbow Light and changed some stuff in the background and a few thing with the layouts.

Im not really happy with the layout for the Rainbow Light but I didnt really know what to change.

Working on a Music Light right now, something similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGM3PiYpqk
The rainbow light is not working for me, it only displays a red color and afterwards boblightd hangs, can't change anything anymore then, only rebooting my htpc fixes it.
I just downloaded the Play version and the Rainbow worked. You could try to "clear data". Im going to try it on other devices.

Tested with 4.0 Gnex emulator, working too.

Checking the code again, if clearing data/reinstalling didnt fix it.
clearing data did prevent boblightd from freezing, but it still only displays a red color
If its boblightd that freeze maybe update to the latest version?

Im trying to find something but I cant see anything that could cause rainbow not working while every other mode is working.
I tried this on my raspbmc system but it does not work Sad
i removed the 127.0.0.1 part and set the right ip adress.

Notification shows the right IP Adress, this meany connected i think?

But when i chosse a static color nothing happens. It still show the "normal" Ambilight colors.

I tried sudo boblightd
But it only responds that Port 9333 is already in use and the LEDs start switching between "normal ambilight" and Off.
Try removing the IP, so you can connect from every IP.

When the Switch stays at ON and the Notification shows the IP the connection to the server should be ok.

Try setting the priority to something really low.
A low priority works better.
But the rainbow light does not work.
First it starts working like it should, but at varying speeds.
I cant exit out of it, instead it keeps running also when i turn bobdroid off. like all the signals are stuck in a queue^^
(2013-09-19, 21:04)HansWursT619 Wrote: [ -> ]A low priority works better.
But the rainbow light does not work.
First it starts working like it should, but at varying speeds.
I cant exit out of it, instead it keeps running also when i turn bobdroid off. like all the signals are stuck in a queue^^

But everything else is working?

When you turn it off in the App it should stop sending so it is possible that the boblight server has something in queue.

Im testing on a PC, so I dont really know how fast boblight is on a RPi or other slower machines.

If everything is else is working like it should I can look into and maybe change it so it uses fewer steps.
Even the Constant Light is not 100% stable.
When changing colors, some times no change happens, sometime it does but in updates around the length of the LED String.
Colors running around like the rainbow light^^ And sometimes it just freezes and updates after 1-2 minutes.

Maybe the Raspberry Pi is just to slow..

Maybe the changes should only be send when i click the button in the middle, not constantly when turning the wheel.
This should be a bit more forgiving for slower devices?

If i can provide any logs, please tell me how to get them.
i would like to help with this awesome app Smile
Dont think logs can help, it seems to be on the boblight side.

I first wanted to use the middle to set the color but it was not supported by the library.
I added it to the next version.

Not that fun to use anymore Wink but not so many unnecessary color changes.

Could you check the Moodlight and how its working on the RPi?

I want to optimize everything for slow devices.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11