Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC misnaming episodes, creating duplicate epsiode names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I am rather new to XBMC, that is I have been using it for a couple of weeks on my newly built HTPC. I have a very small collection of TV shows and movies so far, but I am expanding everyday. Anyways, I have found XBMC to be an amazing tool to help me in my quest for home theater excellence, but I have come across a small roadblock. Just one series, The Office (US) is being misnamed. I will give an example of what's happening:

Season 4:

Episode 1: Fun Run (1)
Episode 1: Fun Run (1)
Episode 2: Dunder Mifflin Infinity (1)
Episode 2: Dunder Mifflin Infinity (1)

And so on and so forth, for every episode in the season. Now, seasons 1-3 are completely fine, season 5 won't even show up and season 6 only has one mistake:

Episode 4: Niagra (1)
Episode 5: Niagra (2) (supposed to be titled "Mafia")
Episode 6: Mafia (supposed to be episode 5)
And so on and so forth..

The above mistake caused there to be 24 episodes, which are named all wrong, even though there are only 23 actual files. I have tried all manners of naming. Seasons 1-3 are perfectly fine, so I tried naming season 4-6 the same way: The Office [1x01] Pilot.avi. Didn't work. I've tried using S04E01 with spaces, with.periods, With Episode Titles, without episode titles, [with brackets]. I've also tried 01x01, 01.01, S01xE01 etc. I removed the source and added it again dozens of times, each time the episodes are named differently, and this time season 5 didn't even appear (which it usually does). I've also tried checking "use DVD order" in the TVDB settings. I have no idea where to go from here, so I am asking you all for help. I forgot to mention I am using Ubuntu 12.10 with XBMC installed as a program (not sure which build, but I just installed it 2 weeks ago).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Go to thetvdb.com and see how the episodes are listed there. Be sure to check both "Aired order" and "DVD order". If one of those orders match your file layout you can go to Videos -> Files -> Source for your series, then right-click your The Office folder and select Change content. From there click Settings and change which order (Aired/DVD) should be used for this particular show (or season, depending on which folder you chose Change content on).
(2013-03-10, 20:56)negge Wrote: [ -> ]Go to thetvdb.com and see how the episodes are listed there. Be sure to check both "Aired order" and "DVD order". If one of those orders match your file layout you can go to Videos -> Files -> Source for your series, then right-click your The Office folder and select Change content. From there click Settings and change which order (Aired/DVD) should be used for this particular show (or season, depending on which folder you chose Change content on).

Thank you, I will try that right now. Thanks for the reply.