Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo extrafanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been searching rigorously but I feel like I'm chasing my tail now. After upgrading to Frodo I can no longer see my extrafanart rotating no matter what I do. I can't determine if the problem is Frodo, Aeon Nox, or Artwork Downloader.

I have added tons of my own extrafanart to each show's extrafanart folders to be mixed with the artwork that's downloaded with the AD script and it all worked just fine in Eden. I never had to rename any files to get them to be displayed either. I have the Background customizer set to "Extra-Fanart", and have even tried setting it to "Multi Image" and pointed it to the show's extrafanart folder, but neither seems to work.

I've looked at the Frodo FAQ, and the Nox 4.0 FAQ and I've either completely missed something, or this is another problem. I apologize if I missed it as I always try to help myself before asking.

If anyone knows the solution I would be greatly appreciative, else maybe I could be pointed in the right direction.

Many Thanks
Is your music library path set correctly in your Skin Settings > Paths?
Yes it is as I had to rebuild my entire music database after upgrading to Frodo, but I'm actually talking about TV Shows.
Could this be a bug then?
Because of all the changes with images and libraries I re-scanned everything after upgrading, I recall some weird behaviour before I did that.
I finally got back to looking at this and discovered something. Extrafanart works fine under the TV Shows menu item, but doesn't work for my custom home menu item. I created it a long time ago so I don't remember where I found the instructions, but it always worked fine until the upgrade. I believe I selected a video folder as the source.
Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,library://video/Anime.xml/,return)

I didn't notice before that it was working fine under the default TV Shows menu item as I hardly ever use it since I made my own menu items. The reason I used a path instead of a playlist is because xbmc still doesn't support mixed content and it was the only way I could put all my anime under one menu item. (TV and Movies) I have a hunch this might the cause of the problem in Frodo but am not sure. I think this rules out the Artwork Downloader as the possible culprit, but I'm not sure if I should ask for help in the xbmc core or Aeon Nox. Does anyone have any guidance?

When I want to browse my anime for something to watch, I don't want to have to pick either movie or shows and would like to browse them as a whole like I used to. (with extrafanart) There are also tons of movies and shows that are linked that it's nice to have them displayed together. I already made a feature request about this but not sure it will go anywhere.