Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DLNA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've currently set up XBMC and connected it through the network with my NAS. What I would like to do is send the video output to one of my DLNA clients located by my livingroom and sleepingroom tv's. Both can receive DLNA push. It would be perfect when I could make this all happen using xbmc remote so my I-Pad or I-phone could be used as the remote.

I've tried to make this work but haven't figgered it out for both the DLNA push and the remote app (push it to the dlna clients). Before spending much more time I hope someone could tell me if this should be possible?

Your remarks would eb highly appreciated!
have you try to 'get' videos from xbmc, doing operations from the client ?

EDIt : i want to say : use the TV to get the videos from XBMC as DLNA server, don't try to use XBMC to put the video to your TV.
I know thats possible, however I would like to read and use all the additional data before selecting what I'm going to play, preferably reading and selecting on my I-Pad and then play it wherever I feel like.
Try iMediashare or bubbleupnp.

Also in latest nightlies you can choose to play to any upnp player on your LAN. In upnp setup (services menu) choose "Look for remote upnp players".

Then for any media file you can choose context menu "C" and choose "Play using" then what you want to play it on - a list will appear.