Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random hangs/freezes Frodo NFS Win7 MySQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm sorry, I really wish I could've nailed this down a little more specifically before I posted, but I could not (that fact also made it difficult to google it). Here goes:

I finally updated to Frodo on saturday. I run a MySQL database on a Synology and XBMC on Mac OSX, PC, Android and, lastly but most importantly, Win7 on my HTPC. My HTPC is where I'm experiencing most of my issues, but its also the one I've used the most/done the most testing on, so it may not be as specific to the Win7 installation as I'm currently experiencing. I'm experiencing very random hangs/freezes. For instance if I fire up XMBC and go to a random show it seems ok, but if I go to an episode of Twin Peaks it will AT BEST start playing the sound but the video will never show up on the screen. Opening up XBMC and going straight to Twin Peaks did this about 5 times in row. One time I opened an episode of Louie first, and it played, I then navigated to Twin Peaks and clicked on the show and this time it didn't even open the Twin Peaks "folder". The "waiting dialog" with the spinning circle was on the screen and I could hear navigation sounds if I press up and down til eventually everything freezes. Funny thing is, I navigated to Twin Peaks on my ATV2 client and it played!

Also I was watching an episode at a time of Friday Night Lights and every time I'd finish, XBMC would bring me back to the episode list, with the episode I just watched marked as unread and would be frozen. When I close down xbmc, relaunch it and navigate back to Friday Night Lights, the episode I just watched would be marked watched and I can watch another episode but the same thing would happen when the episode was over. Maybe an issue when its being marked as watched?

I thought maybe it was an issue with Trakt utilities so I disabled it but that didn't seem to do anything.

I don't see a crashreport but here's my log: pastbin.com/Q1FVhCSk

As some additional color: because one of my installations is a ATV2, I kept my Thumbnails folder in the same Videos folder than contains my Movies and TV shows and use Path Substitution still in my Advanced Settings. Also, I still have <name>xbmc_video</name> in the <videodatabase> section of Advanced Settings even though that is supposedly unnecessary now. When I took it out, my Movies and TV's didn't load and I saw the endless "Unable to Open Database Errors" that I became ALL TOO familiar with during my update to Eden (which ended in me just blowing out my database and starting over). here's one of those logs: pastebin.com/j2DU82zh

Any help/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Should I forcibly uninstall all my plugins? specifically those that are "broken in the depository"? Should I save myself the headache and just start over? once again? I suspect its related to NFS permissions again, but nothing has changed from my Eden installation and I didn't experience anywhere near this amount of issues.

Edit: This seems to be my exact problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119855&page=13
Edit2: Here's after I removed all the Frodo created db's and the <name> tag from my Advanced Settings...http://pastebin.com/EGbjqjAL
Edit3: From some messages in the post I decided to see if the video would come back if I left it to "play" just the audio for an extended period of time. and it did! I tested 2 different files and in each case, just the audio played over an appearingly frozen menu for roughly 2 minutes at which point the file played normally. Does anybody have any ideas at all?
My latest log: pastebin.com/Q1FVhCSk

Well I wish I'd waited to get a more concrete idea of my problem before I posted but the Edit3 in my above post is my final answer, so to speak. Selecting the first file after a launch of XBMC (Which seems to be much slower than in Eden) sometimes works straight away, and sometimes the audio will start playing and the video will only kick in after about two and a half minutes.

More consistently: After the completion of playing a video, upon exit to the menu, the file I just watched isn't marked as watched right away. I can navigate around but if I select a file (or even try to navigate back) nothing will play for the same roughly two and a half minutes, at which time the previous file will be marked as watched and the newly selected file will start playing.

Also, the XBMC installation on my ATV2 will exhibit similar behavior or just crash when trying to play a file.

I'm going to blow out my database and start over from scratch tonight, but if anybody has any ideas on something I can try to save myself that headache, I'd be very grateful.
Get rid of this pathsubstitution for a test.
(2013-03-13, 17:05)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of this pathsubstitution for a test.

I will try this tonight, ty. Out of curiosity: Can I use a path substitution for my ATV2 and not for other installations? If that's the issue, I'm worried since I think my Thumnail folder is 2.5gb big and I don't think I have that much storage on the ATV2 and if I do I would assume its performance would be adversely affected by storing those Thumbnails locally? Is that an incorrect assumption?
atv2 has 8gb storage and is faster then remote thumbs...
Well you've convinced me. I will be removing the path substitution in the future, but currently I'm still experiencing the very consistent 2.5 minute lag from stopping a video and playing another til the moment it plays, despite removing it from the advancedsettings.xml.

http://pastebin.com/dp7zDHFT
New Debug Log needed with debugging turned on in system->system->debugging
(2013-03-14, 11:09)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]New debug log needed with debugging turned on in system->system->debugging

Aight, thanks for checking back. I'll post it as soon as I get home. I did notice that the local Thumbnail folder (in the userdata folder), though actually populated now, only was 14mb in size, as opposed to the networked one that is ~2.5gb. Not sure if that matters, but I did delete both texture##.db files out of the database folder before I launched xbmc.
it gets filled on demand.
Thanks for the extra info! I loaded up XBMC, played a file to completion. After it finished I experienced the same issue I have been: a ~2.5 minute wait after selecting another file before the file I just watched was marked as read and the newly selected file started playing. After the ~2.5 minute wait I stopped the newly playing file and attempted to shutdown XBMC but it froze during the shutdown process. Here is the log with Debugging on: http://pastebin.com/FMF5aTRU
You are still missing debugging dude.
(2013-03-15, 11:19)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]You are still missing debugging dude.

My bad, I didn't restart XBMC after turning on debugging. I thought it would pick up from when I turned it on but I guess not, I'll do it again tonight.
It should stick instantly - you should also see the overlayed text in the left upper corner indicating debugging is enabled. Well no sign of you turning it on in the last pasty...
(2013-03-15, 23:04)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]It should stick instantly - you should also see the overlayed text in the left upper corner indicating debugging is enabled. Well no sign of you turning it on in the last pasty...

Yeah, I did see the overlay during the entire time I was watching the Friday Night Lights episode that it lists in the log, but I didn't see any mention of it turning on either, which is why I thought I had to close it down and reopen for it to stick. I ran it again right now and this time it appears to have worked: http://pastebin.com/VB2DbARB

On this occasion I experienced the ~2.5min delay BOTH when selecting the first file (which I had previous watched about half of and selected start from the beginning when I played it) and after I stopped that file and selected another file.
I have this exact same issue. I'm running MySQL on a Synology NAS with local thumbs, two Win7 HTPCs and a Win8 Desktop all act the same.
Pages: 1 2