Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [solved] XBMCbuntu - Frodo Can't Scrape Movies, TV is OK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was running XBMCbuntu eden on a HTPC, and upgraded over the weekend using wiki instructions for Upgrading XBMC via ppa in XBMCbuntu using TeamXBMC PPA. After the upgrade, I cannot scrape movies. I've used the "change content" menu to switch between The Movie Database, Universal Movie Scraper, and Rotten Tomatos; and all show the same behavior; 1.) On system start-up with library update runs, 2) On manual "Scan for new content" or 3.) On individual movie refresh I get the error "Could not download information", "Unable to connect to remote server".

Scraping does work for television show. Another data point, on my laptop just now I tried to scrape the movie directory (it's a network share, same one as HTPC) and it worked, Upgraded the mac install to frodo, and that worked as well; my thought was maybe it was choking on a bad character or movie format name. At this point I assume I borked something in the HTPC install and am checking to see if it's recoverable or if I should go fresh install and forsake my watched counts and all that other good legacy data.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/zpJ5w51R

Linux Distribution:
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=11.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=oneiric
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 11.10 - XBMCbuntu"

Architecture: i686
Install Method: PPA
GIT Revision: XBMC 12.0 git:fb595f2
Which scraper are you using? IMDB is broken. Use themoviedb.org
I've tried using themoviedb.org and Universal Movie Scraper (I also tried downloading Rotten Tomatos and trying that one as well to the same result). I don't even have IMDB as an option, although I understand UMS can use it for some data.
There is a lot of this
Code:
20:08:07 T:2961582960   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://roberto:secretpassword@tower/nas/Movies/A View to a Kill (1985)/' due to no change (fasthash)

Which i guess means it thinks that movie has already been scraped. Has it?
Yes, that movie was scraped while I had eden installed. If I go to it now, I can see a cover / plot summary. But if I right click and go to Movie information and then request a refresh, I get "Unable to connect to server".
So themoviedb.org is temporarily down perhaps. Be patient.
I appreciate all the suggestions. I just reinstalled, since themoviedb was working on my other computer, I figured it wasn't down. Just did a fresh install from frodo xbmcbuntu disk and now I can update libraries.