Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot see USB External Storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Got one of those SmartTv Set top boxes running Android 4.0 with BOXCHIP A10 ,CORTEX A8 1.2GHz processor, and 1GB DDR Ram.

XBMC Frodo 12.0 for Android installed like a charm and even got the interface running flawlessly.

I plugged in a 500GB Seagate HDD with Videos which immediately showed up as external storage on the Set Top Box.

But when I goto Videos>Add Files I just cannot see the USB External Storage option. Can only see the SD Card option for external Storage.

Anything am missing out? Do I have to install some USB add-on or something?

Ankz74
I couldn't get it to work either so what I did was add the sd card so in the external storage when selecting the video section then (on my remote) type c and it opens a menu then edit source and I typed in mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/(1)/ and that worked for me but I did install an app called file manager and it showed up in that and that is how I got the address.
Blame your firmware makers for labeling your USB devices as SD - XBMC only reads whats on your device. FileSystem\mnt\sda1 = USB (if nothing else is plugged in) or you can go the mnt/usb_storage but some have complained about mass storage showing up there. Kind regards.