Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo 12 very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have noticed since upgrading to Frodo that browsing menu's, playing videos etc is considerably slower than with Eden.
I have noticed this on both my apple TV 2's as well as raspberry pi.

I have attached a log at http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4035
Would be very grateful if somebody could take a look and see something obviously wrong...

Thanks
I'm seriously supprised nobody else has noticed this.
I have just tried a friends atv which I set up and is still on Eden and the difference in speed is unbelievable!!
Literally take 10 times longer to do everything on Frodo.

I appreciate the work xbmc are doing but this release I'm disappointed i have donated over £50 to xbmc in the past.

I will try and make a video to show the difference. Both installs are exactly the sameO
I have had no issues. I did a clean install rather than an upgrade though. Maybe try that
Last time my system upgrade it removed the xbmc user from the necessary groups which caused high CPU utilization. check that the user you logon as is member of the following

adduser xbmc admin
adduser xbmc adm
adduser xbmc dialout
adduser xbmc audio
adduser xbmc video
adduser xbmc plugdev
adduser xbmc fuse
adduser xbmc sudo

hope it helps
Be sure to check out Frodo FAQ (wiki) and the other FAQs for various issues that you might be having. If you still have issues then we need to see a debug log (wiki) from one of the slow units.

EDIT: I missed the link to the log you did include. It's for a Raspberry Pi, but the thing is, Eden never existed for the Raspberry Pi, so it has only ever been using Frodo or a Frodo development build. You can try taking out your textures DB file incase it got messed up, because that seems to be the most common error in your log:

userdata (wiki)/database/Textures13.db