Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scan library crash on GetArtistsBySong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kinda scary that it's crashing here instead of gracefully erroring out.

Taken from xbmc_crashlog:

Code:
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x08a13051 in CMusicDatabase::GetArtistsBySong(int, bool, std::vector<int, std::allocator<int> >&) ()

Code:
#0  0x08a13051 in CMusicDatabase::GetArtistsBySong(int, bool, std::vector<int, std::allocator<int> >&) ()
#1  0x089c2d9a in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::RetrieveMusicInfo(CFileItemList&, CStdStr<char> const&) ()
#2  0x089c3945 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) ()
#3  0x089c3a3b in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) ()
#4  0x089c407b in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::Process() ()
#5  0x08d5e7be in CThread::Action() ()
#6  0x08d5ea82 in CThread::staticThread(void*) ()
#7  0xb6b70d4c in start_thread () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#8  0xb5d80d3e in clone () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

I have confirmed host,port,name,user,pass in advancedsettings.xml <musicdatabase> is correct. A user and table exists on the host with the same name and is empty. This is a clean scan of the music collection - ie. no tables exist in the database and no previous databases exist either
Get the full crash log on pastebin.com and at least tell us what version you are using or do we need to guess?
I'd be impressed if you guessed. Smile

Frodo 12.0 stable.

Closer investigation found I granted permission to "MyMusic" and not "MyMusic%". So GetArtistsBySong was dying since it was the first attempt to connect to the DB.

Still want the crashlog?
Yes because it should not crash